Summary: Understanding the term Spiritual Growth will Seal your destiny, It will lead to life and in abundance, Pleasing God in every thing we do.
As a Christian it’s important that we learn this in our daily life so we can increase in our Spiritual Growth.
Growth (Growing) is the Key word – Getting Taller, Higher, Upwards.
In general, we have a perception that Spiritual Growth is getting serious with God, commitment in reading the Word and Praying without cease, but it doesn't stop there.
Spiritual Growth is Growing in the Knowledge of GOD Himself, His being, Holiness, Characteristic, Power, Majesty, Glory, Purpose etc.
That translates into our well being, by knowing who God is will tell us who we are, by knowing His power will tell us about His work in our life, By Knowing His Holiness we understand our calling, by knowing His Purpose we understand our destiny etc.
So that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
In order to please God and continuously bearing fruit we need to grow in the Knowledge of the Almighty
B) 3 Type of Knowledge that we should Grow in
i (GOD) - Proverbs 2:5 Then you will understand the fear of the Lord & find the knowledge of God
ii (JESUS) - 2 Peter 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory.
iii (HOLY SPIRIT) - 1 John 4:2 Know the Spirit of God
About GOD - Knowledge
Jeremiah 9:23, 24. "Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Neither let the mighty man glory in his might, Let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, That he understandeth and knoweth Me, That I am the Lord which exercise loving-kindness, Judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: For in these things I delight, saith the Lord."
ABOUT JESUS - Wisdom
John 17:3 "This is life eternal," said Jesus, "that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent." 2 Peter 3:18 - But grow in the graceand knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
ABOUT HOLY SPIRIT - Understanding
1 John 4:2 knows the Spirit of God, Verse 6
C) Symptoms of NO Knowledge of GOD (Those who have not attained Spiritual Growth will have these attributes)
1. Proverbs 2:5 - there will not be any reverend or Fear of/for God, (No Respect to God’s Word), Even the evil spirits tremble but we don't.
2. Hos 6:6 – Whatever we offer will not be accepted (All the work, sacrifice & giving will be detestable to God)
3. Hos 4:1 – No Faithfulness & Steadfast Love (where can u find a steady love, Steady love in Family, Faithfulness to Leadership)
4. 1 Cor 15:34 – You will sin continually (Because there is no knowledge of what He has done for you)
5. 2 Pet 1:2,3 – His divine calling is to know Him, you will have No Grace & Peace flowing in your life, 3:18
6. Col 2:2 – No Encouragement & Love, you won’t the able to knit around with people - I john 4:7
D) Promises by God: (Hebrews 8:8-11)
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
E) Prayer For Wisdom and Knowledge: (James 1:5)
If any of you lacks wisdom let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
(JOHN 16:13) “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH …”