Summary: What is the Kingdom of Heaven Message for Today! Who preached the Kingdom of Heaven message? John the Baptist did; (Mat 3:2 KJV) And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Jesus preached it; Matt 4:17 From that time Jesus began to pre
What is the Kingdom of Heaven Message for Today!
I. Who preached the Kingdom of Heaven message?
A. John the Baptist did; (Mat 3:2 KJV) And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
B. Jesus preached it; Matt 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
C. Jesus sent his Disciples to preach the Kingdom of Heaven:
(Mat 10:7 KJV) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
C. Jesus came to introduce the message by proclaiming the arrival of God’s Kingdom.
D. Through His finished work on the cross, with the shedding of His blood, he provided our entry to the Kingdom.
II. We enter by being ‘born again.’ (John 3:3 KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
A. The Kingdom of God is more than a place, it is a person.
(Mat 6:33 KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
B. You cannot separate Jesus from the Kingdom of Heaven.
C. The Kingdom of Heaven is also the area of influence that God has full authority over.
1. He wants to have that full authority of our lives
2. This can happen only in a live that is surrendered to Him. (Rom 12:1 KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3. He wants us to be his Ambassadors here on earth of His Kingdom with full authority.
(2 Cor 5:20 KJV) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
4. We draw our authority from HIM. (Eph 2:6 KJV) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
III. From the beginning God has wanted man to have dominion over His Works. (Gen 1:26 KJV) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
A. God’s Will was that man would exercise power and he was designed to manage the earth and its resources.
B. God gave the original concept of the Kingdom,
C. Kingdoms should have the following:
1. A King and Lord!
2. A territory-a domain,
3. A constitution-a royal covenant,
4. A citizenship-community of subjects,
5. Law-acceptable principle,
6. Privileges-rights and benefits
7. A code of ethics-acceptable lifestyle and conduct,
8. An army-security,
9. A commonwealth-economic security,
10. A social culture-protocol and procedures.
D. All kingdoms have components necessary to function effectively. All kingdoms, including the Kingdom of God have;
1. A health program-healing
2. an Educational program- the teaching ministry of the Holy Spirit.
3. A taxation system- tithing
4. A central Communication system-gifts of the Holy Spirit.
5. Diplomatic representation-ambassadors of Christ.
6. A system of administration-the ministry of the Holy Spirit through man called the Church.
7. An economy-a system of giving and receiving (seed time and harvest time)
IV. There is men’s kingdom and there is a powerful kingdom of darkness ruled by Satan.
A. We all were born into these two kingdoms. In man’s kingdom we are British, Americans, Canadians, etc.
B. In Satan’s kingdom we were born as sinners into it. That is why we sin. (Rom 3:23 KJV) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
C. The only escape from his darkness is to be ‘born again of the Spirit of God.’ (John 3:3 KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
D. Jesus came to destroy the work of Satan. (1 John 3:8 KJV) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
E. Jesus has provided the proper place for us. (1 Pet 2:9 KJV) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: