Summary: In this fast pace world that we live in, what is your daily desire? For worldy gain or for the Kingdom of Christ? Those who desire and trust in God he will make stable!!!
WHAT IS YOUR DESIRE?
Pastor Greg Mc Donald
What is your biggest desire in life? What are the things you think about the most? Many times we don’t think about this question, but it’s one that we as believers need to think about.
Face it, we need to make choices in our life. Ultimately it comes down to two choices. They are to live worldly or live for the Lord.
Today I want to point out to you our duty and the joy it brings for us as Believers, to desire the Lord. As we look at this topic of desire, remember this, “Our actions will show our desires”. In other words, people will know our desires by what we do and how we act.
Read Psalm 37:4
Delight - In the Lord.
Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Ps. 37:4
In today’s world some individuals are overly concerned about world conditions and their own personal problems, that they fail to take time and delight themselves in the Lord.
When we delight in the Lord, without hesitation, we put everything in his hands and ultimately trust Him for the end results.
David knew this, that’s why he wrote in Psalms 40:8, I delight (Desire-NIV) to do Thy will, O my God; Thy Law is within my heart.
If you go on and read the rest of this Psalm you can also see the confidence and the joy this brings David and us as we delight in the Lord. David in his worst of times found delight in the Lord.
Expand - In six areas of our walk with the Lord.
1. In our Thinking - Isa 26:3 The steadfast of mind Thou wilt keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in Thee. Don’t allow evil thoughts to linger in your mind. Instead think on these as Paul states in Phil. 4:8-9. Read - Phil.4:8-9
2. In our Looking to God - Heb 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Many people look to see the faults and failures in others. But, we must strive to see the good in people and in our own circumstances. We must do as Heb. 12:2 says, keep our eyes on Jesus. be cause He NEVER fails.
3. In our Hearing from God - Isa 55:3 Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you, According to the faithful mercies shown to David.
*The Lord speaks to those who listen. your not going to hear from the Lord unless your listening for Him, and wanting to hear from Him.
He still speaks through prayer, His word, and the Holy Spirit. Listen to what Paul says in Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
4. In our Talking about the Lord - Ps. 105:2 Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; Speak of all His wonders.
If we really think about it, we talk about many different topics in a day. News, Family, Past events, neighbors and etc. But ask your self this, How much do I talk about the Lord? As David writes, how much do we Speak of His wonders?
As Believers we should making others thirsty for the Lord, by telling them all about His goodness and greatness. sharing with them that He still renews, revives, and releases us from the pressures of daily life.
5. In our Doing for God - Heb 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, 21 equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
A question that we need to ask ourselves daily, at the end of each day is, did I keep myself busy with personal pursuits or did I accomplish God’s work for me today?
Here are some very simple ways you can expand your doing God’s will to others. Giving a smile to everyone you see, saying a kind word to someone down and out, or meeting the need of someone through good deeds.
Through each and everyone of these, God will be glorified; others will be encouraged; and you will be blessed.
6. In our Going with God - 2 Cor 5:7 for we walk by faith, not by sight.
I’m sure that each of us could say that many of our days are on the go. going here and going here, but much time do we spend going aroung for Christ. let us walk by faith and expand our going with God, to go out and visit the lonely, make a phone call to someone in need. And more importantly, take the opportunity to go and visit someone who is spiritually lost and in need of Jesus.