Summary: We should all realize that we all have issues
What Is Your Issue
Scripture Reference: Mark 5:25-34 (KJV)
Mark 5:25-34 25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, 27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. 28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. 29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. 30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came down and fell before him, and told him all the truth. 34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and whole of thy plague.
- We all have issues. Some of us have big issues others have small issues but it can be certain that we all have issues. Some of us have come to realize that we have issues while others of us are still trying to figure out what’s wrong with everyone else in the world
- It is worse for a person who does not realize that they have issues simply because since he does not realize that he has issues then he will probably never do anything to fix those issues. Although he will probably easily be able to tolerate himself no one around him will be able to tolerate him.
- For the person that has come to realize that he has issues and is smart enough to do something about it then the process of solving these issues can take the person on quite a journey. It can be expensive, timely, painful etc. However when a person attempts to fix his issues there can be many new issues that derive from this attempt.
- For example if a person has an issue with paying bills on time. After considering all of their options they decide that the quickest and easiest way to solve their problems would be to go and take out a loan to help pay the bills. They may have temporarily fixed the problem for the immediate bills but more times than not in the long run they have created new issues. They have probably successfully added to the issues that they are already having a tough time dealing with.
- Here this certain woman has a certain issue (Verse 25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,). This is not your normal ignorable issue either. Sometimes we can have issues that are insignificant enough to the fact that if we don’t bother them then they won’t bother us. However this was not that type of issue. Dealing with blood was tedious and time taking. It restricted her travel she was in no way able to live life to the fullest because she was limited by this nasty issue that she was forced to bear.
- The issue had been with the woman for quite some time now. She had been dealing with this issue for twelve years now. When a person deals with something that long they can get the idea that they would rather just go ahead and live with the issue than continue to search and spend on ways to solve the problem. The bible says that she had spent all that she had. She had also went to the doctor several times (Verse 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,).
- I would like to share a testimony story with you that was sent to me over the internet.
The brand new pastor and his wife, newly assigned
to their first ministry, to reopen a church
in suburban Brooklyn, arrived in early October
excited about their opportunities. When they saw
their church, it was very run down and needed
much work. They set a goal to have everything
done in time to have their first service
on Christmas Eve.
They worked hard, repairing pews, plastering walls,
painting, etc., and on December 18
were ahead of schedule and just about finished.
On December 19 a terrible tempest - a driving
rainstorm hit the area and lasted for two days.
On the 21st, the pastor went over to the church.