Summary: Somethings that made Ananias a great disciple is he said yes to God when He called, He went, He ministered, He affirmed. We can say Yes to God for He said YES for us.
Acts 9:10-22 What made Ananias a Profound Disciple? He said “YES”!
1. He said “Yes”, when the Lord called The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Yes, Lord," he answered.
• Note Ananias answered Yes Lord. Ananias trusted the Lord like David who said, "Yes Lord I trust you as a Shield, I trust you when I lie down at night, I trust you that I will awake , I trust and I will not fear the 10 of thousands against me on every side. Yes I trust you Lord!”
• One blogger wrote this about saying “Yes” to Jesus When I say ‘yes’ I think that I am consenting to his will, whatever that may be. I am choosing him over me, and that is sometimes difficult. It is saying that I recognize who he is, what he does, and that his love (grace) is sufficient. It is surrendering to the unknown, the darkness, and from that ‘yes’, having the confidence, the knowledge that ‘all will be well’.
2. Ananias said “Yes” even though he Heard About Saul this could be a real problem for me13"Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. 14And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name."
• Jesus warns us when we say “Yes” He sends us as sheep among wolves Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues..
• Ananias had heard what Jesus had said about the persecuted Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."
3. When the Lord said GO, Ananias said “YES” He went, He ministered, and He Affirmed
He went :15But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16I will show him how much he must suffer for my name." 17Then Ananias went to the house and entered it.
• He ministered he laid his hands on Saul 17Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul,
• He affirmed his colleague in ministry as His brother. . Placing his hands on Saul, he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord--Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here--has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
4. Consider some of Ananias thoughts about this situation yet he said YES
• Ananias said YES and overcame his fear He Had right to fear but he also had right to be courageous
• Ananias said YES If God wants this done it must be important! How important was Paul?
• Ananias said YES I want to be part of the story of God I want to encounter, experience; I do not want to miss out or be absent.
5. In conclusion: Ananias heard God call, He heard about Saul, He Went, He Ministered, He Affirmed, and Ananias said YES to the Possibilities of God. What might happen when people say YES
• When Noah said YES the world was saved.
• When Moses said YES, the Israelites went free.
• When Joshua said YES the Promised Land was conquered.
• When David said YES Goliath was defeated.
• When Jesus said YES sin died and salvation became possible for all.
• When will we start our Journey or story of Faith You never know what your saying YES to the will of God will be used by God to accomplish for His glory!