Summary: With the winds of change, and erosion of truth, the church is in desperate need of biblical truth.
What the Church Needs Today
2:1 For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh,
2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4 Now this I say lest anyone should deceive you with persuasive words.
5 For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.
6 As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,
7 rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
- We had a wonderful time this week at the MARBC State Meeting in Rochester, Mi.
- The preaching was powerful, not only in the fact that it was coming from dynamic speakers, but more so,because of its content.
- The theme for this year’s conference was: Biblical, Servant, Leadership.
- And God really touched, and spoke to my heart in several ways—but most definitely in the area of standing true as a leader in a compromising, un-biblical world.
What does that mean?
- It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that our society
today is in real trouble.
- Yes, our financial standing as a nation is definitely
- And yes, people by the millions are either out of work, or are just
about ready to be placed in that category.
- Our educational system is in desperate need of much help—
financially, moralistically, and the teachers in many of our
schools are in dire need of support and prayer.
- As a nation, our children have run amuck.
- And that’s not just in our big cities, but even in rural areas that
once were thought to have much less problems.
- Society today has come to a place where many are willing to trade
honor, truth, moral living, and commitment for self-happiness.
- Many people don’t have a problem today with abortion, same-sex
marriages, adultery, stealing, drugs, etc., as long as they
have nice houses, good jobs, lots of toys, and can take plenty
of vacations—self happiness.
It’s more about me, my, and mine…and less— much less about you, and especially anything to do with the God of the Bible.
- So, what we were reminded of at this year’s meeting had little to do
with the financial standing of our country today—although it was
The real problem in our nation today has more to do with the erosion of biblical truth, and sound principles.
- And the problem hasn’t stopped at the doors of our churches.
- In fact, our churches today have themselves become citadels of unsound
living and teaching.
- Our pulpits, once filled with preachers preaching the Bible, have been