Summary: How To Walk By Faith - 1. Seek Him & His kingdom 2. Come Close to Him 3. Spend time With Him 4. Commit yourself to Him 5.Hear & Obey Him
+ Cameras & Faith
Various cameras to capture life moments
> 1. Wooden Toy Camera,
- Has the shape but does not do anything
- Great to pretend & use your imagination
- Does nothing
- No faith at all
> 2. Pretend Toy Camera
- Press the button and it plays music
- You can see the animal pictures change on the back.
- Today we have preinstalled images of life ideas
- Pretend faith – No obedience – Shows up to church occasionally
> 3. Toy Camera
- For kids to take digital pictures
- Little time to take their faith seriously – Busy with their own lives
> 4. Pocket Camera
- Easy Portable For leisure use
- Most take video & still pictures
- Auto focus
- No inner changeable lenses
- Some knowledge of Christ & scripture
- When I am not inconvenience
> 5. Professional Camera
- Canon EOS $1600
- For the serious photographer
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Both mantel & auto focus
- Now with video mode
- Growing daily in Christ & his Word – Sharing Him with others
+ The Philosophy Of The World “Seeing is believing”
First miracle at the wedding revealed His power over time.
Second miracle, Jesus showed His power over space.
1st miracle at Cana came at the request of His mother Jn 2:1–5
2nd miracle at Cana at the request of a father (John 4:47).
> John 4:48 (AV)
48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.
> John 12:37 (AV)
37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
- A faith built only on miraculous signs is not a complete faith
> John 20:29 (AV)
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
> 2 Corinthians 4:18 (AV)
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
+ We Walk By Faith
2 Corinthians 5:7 (AV)
7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
There is a story that is told about an old grandfather clock that got to worrying about how many ticks he had to make. He got his main spring wound up so tight that he couldn't even make one tick. In desperation, he went to a counselor for some help. When he met with the counselor, he told the counselor about his dilemma. He said that he had to make
60 ticks per minute,
3,600 ticks per hour,
86,400 ticks per day,
604,800 ticks per week,
2,419,200 ticks per month, and
29, 030,400 ticks per year ... and with a deep sigh of depression he said, "I just can't do that." The wise counselor softly asked, "How many ticks do you have to make at one time?" The grandfather clock said, "Well, I guess, I have to make just one." The counselor said, "Then just go and make one tick at a time."
+ How To Walk By Faith
- Had everything – No need to live by faith
- Until his son was at the point of death
- "Official of a King", "Property manger"
- A wealthy Important artistocrate - Not very religious
>1. Seek Him & His kingdom
> v. 47 – He Heard