Summary: We will one day take our last breath on the earth, and our first breath in eternity and we will stand before God!
1. The End – Famous Last Words…
• Sometimes we like them & Other times we don’t.
• There are times when we’re thinking, “When will this end?”
• AND then times when we think, “I hope this never ends.”
• But it’s true, either way, there is an ending up ahead.
• Every good book. END. Every good movie. END
• Every good song. END. Every good meal. END
2. Even our lives, one day will end.
• All of our lives, our days on this earth will soon end.
NOTE: Our lives will soon come to an end.
• We will one day take our last breath on the earth, and our first breath in eternity and we will stand before God!
• And the measurement of a man’s life will not be how much we had, how much we left, or how popular we were.
• The question of the day will be, “What did you do with my Son Jesus Christ?”
• When you hear that question, the decision will already be made.
• The decisions you make today, have eternal implications.
SO we have the joy of asking that question not in the past tense, but in the present tense:
• “What have you done with God’s Son, Jesus Christ?”
• Have you received him? Have you believed in Him?
• Are your sins washed and cleansed by His blood?
Why are we talking about ENDINGS this morning?
• We’ve had Daniel with us now for some 5 months and we’ll close up the book this morning with the TOPIC OF ENDINGS.
• Because CH12 reminds us the END OF THE WORLD is coming.
• NEW? You’re not one of THOSE GUYS are you? The gloom and doom type. You’re just trying to scare us!
FOR THE Christian, there’s nothing to be scared of.
• Our last breath here is our first breath in eternity!
• We will see the Lord. HE is coming again!
John 14 (quickview) .1-3 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 "In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
• Our hopes will become reality, our faith becomes sight!
• Prophecy is not God’s scare tactics as much as it is God’s warnings & pleadings to understand His love.
• 3 times in this CH God uses the phrase, “TIME OF THE END”
• The final time of world history that will usher in the Millennial Kingdom Reign of Jesus Christ.
• We don’t know EVERYTHING that will happen, even though some prophecy buffs say they do.
• But we do know SOME and we’ll look at parts of that today.
I. (12.1-2, 8-10) INCREASE IN WICKEDNESS
1. (1-3) Tough Times.
a. There will come a time of increased wickedness on the earth