Summary: • I want to continue this morning on what we spoke about last week. What we confess, we will possess. • We discussed that the words we speak set the tone for our life. • We must be in agreement with God’s Word if we expect to have what we say. • We ar
• I want to continue this morning on what we spoke about last week. What we confess, we will possess.
• We discussed that the words we speak set the tone for our life.
• We must be in agreement with God’s Word if we expect to have what we say.
• We are literally words away from our harvest.
• This morning lets look and see how God uses His Words as creative power.
• What are your words creating in your life? The words you conceive in your heart and speak out of your mouth release a spiritual force like dynamite.
• Those words are rearranging and changing things.
o If you've spoken negative words about your life, change your course by speaking positive words.
• Let us look to the Word of God and see what He says about our confession and the creative power in our words.
(NKJV) Mark 11 12 Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry. 13 And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. 14 In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.”
And His disciples heard it.
20 Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.” 22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
1) In the beginning, nothing happened until God spoke Words.
(NKJV) Genesis 1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
a) Shout…When God speaks, things happen.
b) God's Words are His creative power.
c) As Christians, we possess the same power in our words to frame our life.
i) Although darkness covered the Earth, God said let there be light, and there was light.
(1) We were made in the image of God; therefore we should speak words that line up with His Word.
d) Perverseness in speech eventually destroys you.
(NKJV) Proverbs 11 3 The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them.
i) Perverse speech is crooked and contrary to what you believe.
(1) Obey God, and avoid perverse speech.
ii) God's will is His Word.
(1) It's the truth whether you believe it or not.
iii) Death and life are in the power of the tongue.
(NKJV) Proverbs 18 20 A man’s stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; From the produce of his lips he shall be filled. 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.