Summary: Why do we question God when we don’t hear from Him when we think we should?
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GOD
Text: Psalm 20
There is someone speaking in this last hour. It started in our spirit long ago. It’s more than our history, It’s something that is real---- it’s down deep inside, It’s more than just a memory. It’s like a voice from Jesus our Saviour, It’s like we’re in the presence of His power, and we are----It’s the Holy Ghost and Fire.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
God spoke it and there was light and He devided it from the darkness.
God spoke and there was a firmament which He called heaven.
God separated the land from the water by His spoken word.
He spoke again and grass and trees of every kind covered the land.
He spoke lights into the firmament and devided the light from the day and birthed seasons, days, and years.
He spoke and life filled the waters, fowls filled the air, whales and all living creatures and creeping things occupied the creation.
And after all was ready and in abundance for us-------God created man and He said to His Son, "Let us make man in our image.
He formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into is nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Who is this God that has always existed?
Surely-------He is God the Father
He is God the Son &
He is God the Holy Ghost
Six or seven thousand years ago you would have heard more about Him than you are hearing today.
Man was dependant upon Him then.
We don’t need Him now------because we have learned to take care of ourselves-----(sort of like the people of Babel.)
His ways are old fashioned-----Wye, we live in the 21st century------things have changed.
And that is 100% correct------But God has not, nor shall He ever change.
Who is He?------He is the great I Am, He is the same yesterday and today and forever.
1. He’s God
2. He’s Elohim-------------------God our creator and
3. He’s Jehovah------------------God, our Lord
4. He’s El Shaddai---------------Almighty God
5. He’s El Elyon-----------------Most High God
6. He’s Adoni--------------------Lord
7. He’s El Olam------------------Everlasting God
8. He’s Jehova Saboth------------Lord of host
9. He’s Jehovah Jireh------------God, our provider
10. He’s Jehovah Rophe------------God, our healer
11. He’s Jehovah Nissi------------God, our banner
12. He’s Jehovah M’kaddesh--------God, our Sanctifier
13. He’s Jehovah Shalom-----------God, our Peace
14. He’s Jehovah Tsidkenu---------God, our
15. He’s Jehovah Rohi-------------God, our Shepherd
16. He’s Jehovah Shammah----------God, ever present
If God is all these things that I have just mentioned, (and He is and much more), whatever happened to Him?
Where did He go?
Why are people lonely, sick, and diseased?
Why are so many bound and possesd of evil spirits?
And the list goes on and on----------Whatever happened to God?
Let me help yu with that question.
We no longer trust Him 100%------Beliefs have changed--We all have our openions and our doctrines.
Every week I hear some of the most ridicluious ideas that I have ever heard.
Ideas and openions about what God allows or does not allow in the lefestyle of a christian.
Of course, they always line up with the lifestyle of the person doing the talking.
Ideas about doing whatever you want to and still being saved.
Ideas about having any kind of life threatining habit you wand and it’s o.k.
I mean, now days as a whole, it’s eat, drink, and be merry because tomorrow you might die.
God forbid! And no wonder He’s sometimes hard to locate.
He said there is only one way and He inspired men of old to write it down so we could read it and know that way.
The question shouldn’t be whatever happened to God-----but whatever happened to mankind?
Listen to me:
1. 6 out of 10 Americans believe Satan is only a symbol and not real.
2. 47% of Christians believe the same thing.
3. 1 out of 4 Christians believe it doesn’t matter what religion you are because all are alike in that
they all lead to God.
4. 31% of Christians believe Heaven can be earned.
5. Daily horoscope reading is equal among Christians and non-christians.
6. Only 51% of Christians would make it illegal to distribute pornographic material.
7. 35% of Christians believe it is o.k. to bend the rules to get what you want.
8. V. McGee estimates that 75% of the members of the average church might not be genuinely
9. Billy Graham states that 80% of those who make a salvation decision in his crusades are already on a church roll somewhere.
The question that God is asking in this hour is, I believe, two fold:
#1. Whatever happened to America? and