Summary: Like Paul, We need to do whatever it takes to reach the lost.
WHATEVER IT TAKES-- By Chuck Hendrix
I Cor. 9:19-23
Introduction: "Geronamo Goldsteen, but my friends call me bubba"
Let’s review Priorities of--
1) Christ John 3:17
2) Preacher-- Tim. "Preach the word"
3) Church -- Mat. 28:19-20; I Peter 3:15
ILL. LIFE SAVING STATIONS.... they lost sight of their purpose, are we?
I. Excuses Christians Give --
1) It’s the preacher’s job (yes, because he’s a Christian)
2) I’m not gifted in that area (but it’s a command)
3) I don’t know enough.
What do you need to know to win someone to Christ?
b) You need to be convicted of your own salvation. I John 5:11,12.
c) You stand Holy before God Heb. 10:14
d) You need to understand no on is outside the reach of the Holy Spirit. John 4.
e) They are not interested.
f) Love! the bottom line!
II. Excuses Non-Christians use.
1) It’s hard to admit, when you are wrong.
2) They don’t care.... "I’m just as good as..."
"I’m not interested in being a part of a Church, religion, whatever where there are hypocrites.
3) Bad Experience.... Bible shoved down their throats.
4) They don’t think they know enough.
WHAT DO THEY NEED TO KNOW?
a) They need to know they are a sinner.
b) They need to know God loves them and He can fix it.
THEY WILL ASK WHAT ELSE THEY MUST DO? ill. $10. bill this morning. If I would have asked Carlee to walk outside and count to 10, she would have, because she wanted the $10.
III. PRACTICAL ADVICE--
1) Make initial acquaintance.
2) Establish a growing relationship.
3) Extend an invitation to your home.
4) Cultivate interest
5) Make good use of special Holidays.
6) Be available for Hurting.
7) Be a book giver.
8) Plant seeds of salvation.
9) Be ready to share.