Summary: What work you should do for God is not a mystery; God says your work is "near at hand." You don't have to go far to find it. We will look at WHAT job you're to do, HOW to do it, and WHY you should do it.
WHATEVER YOUR HAND FINDS, DO!
A. HUMOR GENRE: LAZY JOKES
1. What do you call a lazy baby kangaroo? A pouch potato.
2. ‘Yo momma so lazy’ Jokes
a. Yo momma so lazy, she has a stay-at-home job and STILL can't get to work on time.
b. Yo momma so lazy, she stuck her nose out the window and let the wind blow it.
3. LAZY RULES
#1 The farther away the remote is, the more you like what's already on TV...
#2 If you have to say something more than once, its not worth the energy...
#3 If you spill water, it will eventually dry...
#4 Why make your bed when you're just gonna get back in it again...
#5 If you are late, dont go...
4. LAZY IN PLAIN ENGLISH
a. The man told his doctor that he wasn't able to do all the things around the house that he used to do.
b. When the examination was complete, he said, "Now, Doc, I can take it. Tell me in plain English what is wrong with me."
c. "Well, in plain English," the doc replied, "you're just lazy."
d. "Okay," said the man. "Now give me the medical term so I can tell my wife."
5. We’re looking at a Scripture about diligence.
“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom” Eccles. 9:10.
C. WHY ARE GOD’S PEOPLE STILL HERE?
1. Why didn’t God take us to heaven the moment we were saved? It’s possible for us to go straight to heaven -- as the thief on the cross next to Jesus -- who went straight to paradise.
2. “Could it be we’re here for our perfecting?” Maybe, but we know we’ll never be completely perfected on earth. It's really the atonement of Christ that makes us fit for heaven.
3. It would be safer for our souls if we were removed, so why does God leave us here?
4. Would God keep His children out of heaven a single moment longer than necessary?
5. WE’RE HERE; WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?
6. SO WE MIGHT:
a. Glorify God by demonstrating His love;
b. Scatter seed of the Good News of Jesus;
c. Alert people to the Second Coming;
d. Like Salt, be a Preservative in the World.
7. God left us here, because we have a Definite Purpose, and we are to be performing it!
1. Imagine how the moral fabric of the world will disintegrate when the Righteous ARE taken out of the world!
2. Knowing we've been left behind to do something should cause us to ask three questions:
a. What shall I do?
b. How shall I do it?
c. Why shall I do it?
3. The title of this morning's message is "Whatever Your Hand Finds, Do!"
I. WHAT SHALL I DO?
A. THAT WHICH IS “AT HAND”
1. What work you should do is not a mystery; God says your work is "near at hand." You don't have to go far to find it. God has laid it somewhere right around you.
2. When Elisha was aiding the Prophet’s widow with the large debt & 2 sons, he said, "What do you have in your house?"; 2 Kgs. 4:1-7). God has things right around you He wishes to use.
3. Many have gotten their eyes on China or South America. "If only I could be somewhere else, I could do a great work for God."