Summary: The things we keep close to our hearts show how close we are to the Lord.
How Have We Gotten So Far Off Track?
· Although many don’t set out to be disobedient, God’s people have a long history of ignoring what He says. When our "wallets" are filled with our own desires and dreams, we’re missing the train.
· We rob God by holding back our time, talent, and treasure, when we should be devoting them to Him.
· When we grumble about how hard it is to do the right thing, we show that we don’t really want to be obedient even if He does show us His will.
What Do We Need To Do About It?
· We need to return to the Lord so He can return to us.
· Honesty is the first step in our journey back to God. We must give Him all the tithe, not just what we think we can afford.
· Honor God with our lives.
What Happens When We Do?
· God tells us to test Him about giving. He promises He will open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing you won’t have enough room for it.
· You will be spared in the time of trouble, because the Lord will have no reason to bring judgment upon you.
· We will know for certain that our "pictures" are carried in God’s "wallet".