Summary: What’s Next? What Happens after we die? Heave is an Awesome Place! Part 5 of 6
1. What’s Next? After We die – What’s Next?
2. From our Study -- we know – Hell is an Awful Place!
• Hades and Hell are far worse than anything we’ve known, or experienced or could even imagine in this life.
• AND No one in Hades would ever want anyone to experience what they are experiencing. No one in Hell would ever want anyone to know what they know.
3. From Our Study – Heaven is an Awesome Place!
• Heaven is far better than anything we’ve known, experienced, loved or even could imagine in this life. This life is good – but Heaven is far better and far more!
• In this Awesome Place – What Will We Be Like? What Will we look like? What will our new bodies be like?
4. 1 Corinthians 15…a key text in understanding what we will be like…
• Get this – the Bible talks about – being Raised from the dead. A Resurrection. We die, and at some point in the future, when Jesus Christ returns again, those who have died will be raised from the dead…
5. At the time of the Apostle Paul, there were many of that day who didn’t believe it and denied it – they would say -- no one could come back from the dead.
• There were even some followers of Christ who were more influenced by Greek culture and teaching than the teachings of Jesus – who said the resurrection of the dead is impossible.
• The whole first part of I Corinthians 15, the apostle Paul debates the reality of the Resurrection from this conclusion – If Jesus Christ has Risen from the dead – there will be a resurrection of the dead.
• As we’ve said – the Resurrection of Christ changes everything! What He said; Who He is – it’s All True!
• John 5:28-30 – 28 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out — those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.
• When Christ comes again, there will be a resurrection of the dead…
6. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 -- 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed – 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
7. Remember what Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 – 13 Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
• When the faithful die – our spirit goes to the Present Heaven… The Awesome Place where God is…
• I don’t understand fully what we will be like at that point – when we die, our souls are separated from our bodies. The part that makes us who we are – is separated from this earthly body and we are in the Presence of the Lord. but we don’t have a body.
15 According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.