Summary: The end of the world Power Point is available upon request
2 PETER 3:10-13 “WHEN GOD HAS HIS DAY” PART 2
A) One of these days, God’s day is going to come and man’s day will be over.
* Man’s day will conclude, as v.7 tells us, with “the day of judgment against the
perdition of ungodly men.”
* Man’s day will be over and God’s day will begin.
B) When the day of grace ends, the day of God is going to begin.
* That is the theme of the verses we are studying this morning.
* He says in v.10 “The day of the Lord will come.”
C) v.12 “Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God.”
* So I want to talk with you today about some of the features or characteristics
of the day of God when God has His day.
* Now look with me first of all, in the 10th verse at God’s day and .......
(1) THE CREATION
A) The Bible tells us that when God’s day comes, some catastrophic things are
going to take place in the creation.
* In fact, in the beginning of v.11, he says that all these things shall be dissolved.
B) The word “dissolved” there is the Greek word “luo” (loo’-o) and it means
“to loosen or untie, to break up.”
* All of these things, he says, are literally going to come apart.
* All of these things are going to be dissolved.
C) He says the heavens shall pass away with a great noise.
* The phrase “great noise” means a loud explosion.
* Peter says that one day this world is going to come to its conclusion, and the
heavens are going to pass away with a tremendous explosion.
* This world is gonna go up in smoke.
D) There is a second matter I want to point out to you when God has His day.
* 2 Peter 3:11 discusses the day of God and .......
(2) THE CHRISTIAN
A) What does God’s day mean so far to you as a Christian?
* What are the implications of the day of God – The conclusion of this universe
so far as you as a believer are concerned?
* You will notice that he says in v.11 “Seeing that all these things .......”
B) That means a holy life style ... Righteous living and godliness ... Being God-like,
looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God.
* What should be our attitude toward the coming of the day of God?
C) Well, he says, first of all, we ought to anticipate that day.
* You ought to be looking for the coming of the day of God.
D) The truth that Jesus is going to come again and the truth that this whole
world of ours is going to pass away .......
* Has a tremendous moral implication upon our lives as believers.
* The Bible says in 1 John 3:3 “Every man that hath this hope in .......”
E) In other words, the truth of the second coming gives you something to live for.
* It’s a tremendous truth that causes you to live a clean life, to live for Christ every day,
to be the kind of person you would want to be when Jesus comes again.
F) If you are lost, you really don’t have anything to look for.
* If you have never known Christ, if Jesus is not in your heart, then you don’t have
the reason to live as a Christian does. (Phil. 1:21 “For to me to live is Christ,”)
PEOPLE WITHOUT CHRIST ARE PESSIMISTIC
A) I don’t wonder that people without Christ are pessimistic.
* I don’t wonder that people who don’t know the Lord ruin their bodies and fry
their brains with drugs.
* I don’t wonder that people without Christ in their despair commit suicide.
B) If you know Jesus as your Savior, you’ve got something to live for.
* Life has meaning if you know Jesus – There’s a reason for your existence.
* If you know Jesus, then 10,000 years from now, you will be glad you knew
Him and glad you served Him.
* You will still be living for Him and still be praising Him 10,000 years from now.
C) I’ll tell you what a position that puts on your life.
* I think about old Methuselah in the Old Testament, lived 969 years.
D) Have you ever thought about how many clothes he wore out?
* Have you ever thought about how many tons of food he consumed?
* Have you ever thought about that?
E) Can you imagine how boring life could have been in 969 years if that’s all
there was to life .......
* Just so many clothes to wear, so much food to eat, going to the job every day