Summary: The Blessings of God follow a committed life
Title: When God Has You, You Have His Blessings
Intro: When God has us we receive His blessings upon our lives, so much so that we become burdened with blessings. In the movie, Fiddler on the Roof, Tevia makes this statement about money being a curse, that if money is such a curse that may God strike me with it and may I never recover. If Blessings are such a burden than load me down God load me down.
I. Living In The Blessings
A. It is God’s nature to bless His children
1. God does not keep a ledger on the blessings that He gives to us.
a. One column for deposits
b. One for withdrawals
2. Others see God’s blessings upon our lives as being drizzled through out our lives.
3. Many have turned the idea of Blessing as something you do before you eat; or something that is said when grandma sneezes.
4. It has become nothing more than a casual greeting.
5. Still others say “well I don’t want to appear greedy I just want to remain humble.” You stay humble I want to be blessed.
B. He promised the Children Of Israel that they would be blessed if they followed Him.
1. There are blessing found in God’s presence
Deuteronomy 28:1 (quickview)  And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
Deuteronomy 28:7 (quickview)  The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
Deuteronomy 28:8 (quickview)  The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Deuteronomy 28:9 (quickview)  The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.