Summary: The thigs that we possess from God when we commit ourselves to Him.
Title: When God Has You
Text: Matt. 10:1
Intro: Last Wednesday I spoke on When God Has you He has your worship, your service, and your heart. Tonight I want to take it a step farther and show you that when God has you there are things of God that you will possess.
When God has us we have Authority
1. The church today is filled with apathy rather than authority
2. Many are up in arms about God not being in the schools. A local community last week was trying to get Ten Commandments back in the school.
- God was taken out of the homes before He was taken out of the School
- Parents that neglected to pray over their children
- Fathers that refused to the office of Priest of the house
- Mothers that forgot that their greatest calling was to train up their children in the ways of God.
- It is apathy that has allowed Satan a free reign in America, we have for gotten that we possess the authority of the risen Lord.
Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
3. Christians that never use their God give authority walk in defeat, despair and are despondent.
· Defeated Christians – Everytime I take a stand I get knocked down so I just quit taking stands.
Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
· Despair Christians – I’ll never live in victory; I hear it preached; I see it in other peoples lives; But there is no hope for me. They want to quote the verse…
Psalms 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Psalms 71:4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
Psalms 71:5 For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.
· Despondent Christians – Oh well; Satan has been attacking me; oh well; my family is in turmoil; oh well
2 Timothy 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
4. We have the authority of Jesus:
ILL. When Christian Herter was governor of Massachusetts, he was running hard for a second term in office. One day, after a busy morning chasing votes (and no lunch) he arrived at a church barbecue. It was late afternoon and Herter was famished. As Herter moved down the serving line, he held out his plate to the woman serving chicken. She put a piece on his plate and turned to the next person in line. "Excuse me," Governor Herter said, "do you mind if I have another piece of chicken?"
"Sorry," the woman told him. "I’m supposed to give one piece of chicken to each person."
"But I’m starved," the governor said.
"Sorry," the woman said again. "Only one to a customer."
Governor Herter was a modest and unassuming man, but he decided that this time he would throw a little weight around.