Summary: Jesus knows your needs and is always there when you need Him the most.
When You Need Him The Most
Life is filled with many challenges and hardships. Let’s think about some of the more common things that fit into this category
C. Family Pressures
D. Relational Issues
Ok, someone tell me, when these trials come, what are the natural tendencies.
Does this sound familiar to you? Only one real huge problem here. These responses bring no comfort or resolution to the problems. Look at what the Bible tells us about our natural responses. "There is a way that seems right to a man, but it only brings him death." Prov. 14:12 "Can worry make you live longer?" Matthew 6:27.
True comfort and resolution comes from only one source, Jesus Christ. Jesus knows what you are going through - (Matthew 4; Matthew 14). He’s been there seen it all: Temptation, Bad Days, Friends Who Let You Down, Non-stop demands, People who seek to harm you, No Rest, No One Who Understands. By all of the heads nodding, I take it some of you have dealt with or are dealing with these same types of issues.
But let me tell you something folks, our Lord is awesome. He doesn’t just watch over you. Jesus goes into the storm with you at the worst moment. Let me give you some examples:
1. Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego - only in the fire did the Lord appear and were the binding ropes loosened.
2. Daniel in the lions den - God’s power revealed at the moment of need.
3. Jesus as He walked on the water - Read the account...the storm hadn’t stopped yet.
4. Stephen at his stoning - as he was about to be martyred, he looked up and saw the Lord Jesus.
5. Peter’s resuce from jail - Let’s see David Copperfield do that.
You see, not only does Jesus know what you need, but He also knows when you need it most. He gives you what you need...all of it, not just part. Just look at what the Bible says about this:
1. My God shall supply all your needs
2. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Jesus doesn’t leave you...His words ring loud and clear.
1. And lo I am with you even to the ends of the earth
2. I will never leave you or forsake you
Sometimes God seems like a 11:59 and 59 second God, but it is with those fractions of a second left that we truly see His glory revealed, for "in our weakness His strength is made perfect."