Summary: An Evagelistic, Faith building message on the name of Jesus and His power.
Is 9:6 — For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Mt 1:21 — And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
On my coffee table at home you will find Special Edition Magazines and a Book whose Introduction reads like this:
Her full name was Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. But she was one of the rare one’s instantly recognizable anywhere in the world by only one name — Jackie.
I have for years been fascinated by her dignity, character, and sorrow. By the way she raised her children, and lived her life.
Nov. 22, 1963 / Blood stained suit — "I want America to see what they did to their President"
Charles de Gaulle — who marched in the funeral procession of President Kennedy said "She gave an example to the whole world how to behave."
After Bobby Kennedy’s death — "If they are gunning for Kennedy’s my children will be next" — Married a billionaire who owned an island off Greece, where her children could grow up out of the public eye.
When I first read that introduction, it left me thinking about one far greater then Jackie / Di / OJ / Churchill — His name is Jesus!
A pink BLOOD Stained SUIT told a NATION what they did to their PRESIDENT - But a BLOOD stained CROSS told the WORLD what they did to their SAVIOR
I. Time would not alot us to give His full Name & Titles — But He is recognizable any where in the world by onlyOne Name!
2. Jackie’s name is recognized by a couple generations — Jesus is recognized by a couple millennial’s!
A. You say Jesus and I’ll know your talking about ALMIGHTY
1. Re 1:8 – I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
2. Heal the sick / Raises the dead / Calms the Storms / Changes Lives
3. I wasn’t there when He raised Laz / Widow of Naine‘s son / I didn’t see the Lame man at the Pool of Bathesda healed — But I’ve seen . . . (Tell of miracles you personally have seen and been involved in).
B. You say Jesus and I’ll know your talking about ADVOCATE
1. 1Jn 2:1 — . . . if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2. Court room terms it’s a defense attorney — (we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense) My 2 Felonies / Appointed by court
3. Today Joke: Rape to Jay walking / Who’s who in Hollywood
4. Our Advocate didn’t just find a loop hole — Our Advocate took the Rap for us!! He died so we could be free!
C. You say Jesus and I’ll know your talking about BREAD OF LIFE
1. Jn 6:35 — . . . Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
2. Hungry? Thirsty? Nothing but Jesus feels the void inside!
D. You say Jesus and I’ll know your talking about the COUNSELOR
1. Do you have a problem? (Dysfunctional — we don’t need a Psychologist, we just need the Holy Ghost and Prayer)