Summary: Where are you going
Due to the large amount of sermons and topics that appear on this site I feel it is necessary to post this disclaimer on all sermons posted. my sermon ideas and illustrations are often taken from many sources including those at Sermoncentral.com, there could be instances where other minister’s wording is used, or wording similar. I am not trying to steal anything from anyone else, just trying to help others proclaim the gospel. my sermons are not copyrighted and may be used or preached freely. May God richly bless you as you read these words. It is my sincere desire that all who read them may be enriched. All scriptures quoted in these sermons are copied and quoted from the Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible.
“Where Are You Going? Galatians 1:13–17
A. Sometimes our lives feel like they’re on spin cycle.
1. We get up in the morning.
2. We go to work.
3. We go home.
4. We go to bed.
5. We get up in the morning.
6. We go to work.
7. ... and so on and so on.
8. We’re making the same turns we’ve been making all our lives.
9. We may feel like we have no true direction and no true purpose in life. 10. Its like we’re just killing time until it’s time to go home our eternal home.
B. If that describes your Christian life this Scripture may help you today.
1. Read Galatians 1:13–17.
Galatians 1 : 13-17
13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when it pleased God who separated me from my mother's womb and called [me] by his grace
16 To reveal his Son in me that I might preach him among the heathen immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me but I went into Arabia and returned again unto Damascus.
II. Paul’s Story
A.Paul shares about His Former Way of Life.
1. Paul was a dyed–in–the–wool Jew.
2. He had advanced farther in his education than most people his own age.
3. He was zealous on fire for the Jewish way of life.
4. He could not stand the church or what it taught.
5. Acts 7:58 tells us he was present at the stoning of Stephen a leader in the first church.
6. Here in this Galatians passage he says that he persecuted the church (v.13).
8. Here he says he tried to destroy the church (v.13).
9. He went into Christian’s houses dragging them off to prison.
B. Paul was no friend of the church.
1. And he was no Christian.
2. He hated everything Christianity stood for.
3. He tried to wipe Christianity off the face of the earth.
C. Then Jesus was Revealed to Him.
1. In verse 16 Paul simply says Jesus was revealed to him and in him.