Summary: Four things- we must do to respond to the days in which we live … ❶. Rend our heart before God ❷. Realize the Power of God’s Word ❸. Return to the Lordship of God ❹. Resolve to be faithful to God
- Midterm elections Tuesday
- Our country was established where men would be free to worship as they chose.
- It was to protect man’s freedom to worship, not to infringe upon it.
- Today our government seems intent upon prohibiting religious freedom
- Gideon’s can’t distributing copies of the Bible to our school children
- Yet evolution and humanism can be promoted in the classroom.
- Bible reading and prayer is prohibited in schools by the government
- Yet it provides our children with birth control pills and pays for their abortions
- Their abortions are kept from their parents
- Government today seems more inclined to prosecute religion than to protect it.
Fox News - Gay activists say the estimate of more than 150 appointments so far to the Whitehouse
Spokesman Shin Inouye confirmed the record number, saying Obama has hired more gay officials than the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations combined. He said Obama "is proud that his appointments reflect the diversity of the American public."
Christian Newswire – Population Research Institute reports that Obamacare will lead to expanded abortion coverage across the nation with the facts about how it is done it relies heavily on legal research done by the National Right to Life Committee
Legalizing wrong does not make it right
- Truth does not change because of elections
- Or with the polices or laws that Congress might pass
- Absolute truth comes from the Word
- Gospel of Christ the good news of freedom is being crowed out by elections, rallies, speeches, marches
David Vaughan- historian- talking about Patrick Henry
- Prominent figure in the American Revolution
- First Governor of Virginia
- Speech "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"
Henry rightly understood that the moral condition of the American people was a direct product of their religious faith, and that politics and morality were inevitably intertwined. Thus, the political structure ultimately rested on a religious foundation. The "great pillars of all government and of social life … are virtue, morality, and religion.
Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law? They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood. But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge. And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the LORD our God shall cut them off.
Can unjust leaders claim that God is on their side— leaders whose decrees permit injustice? 21They gang up against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death. 22 But the LORD is my fortress; my God is the mighty rock where I hide. 23 God will turn the sins of evil people back on them. He will destroy them for their sins. The LORD our God will destroy them.
Where do we fit in?
- Ps 94:16-20
- v. 17 - Helpless – Without hope
- v. 17a, 18a – Without strength
- v.18b - A focus trust
- v. 22 – It is God becoming man