Summary: Jesus is saying, no matter how rich you think you are, or how powerful you think you have become, it all because of the Lord. He is saying, not to think of yourself more then you should. And when you do, He is saying to you; "Who Do You Think You Are"!
9. To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10. "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: God, I thank you that I am not like other men-robbers, evildoers, adulterers-or even like this tax collector. 12. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get. 13. "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, God, have mercy on me, a sinner. 14. "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
One day, when I was setting down in the Park, a young man walked up to me while I was reading my Bible. This person shared with me that he had no faith in the Bible, and he said, I believe the Bible is nothing more then a book of escapes. I said, I agree with you, he said you do, I said yes I do. The Bible is a book of absolute escape, I said:
· People who read and believe the Bible can escape Sickness and Diseases, for the Bible said, “I am the Lord your God that heal all of your diseases”.
· People who read and believe the Bible can escape Death, for the Bible said, “He that believe in me shall not perish, but have everlasting life”.
· I said, people who read and believe the Bible can escape Loneliness, for God said, “I will never leave you, nor forsake you, even to the end of the world”.
· People who read and believe the Bible can escape Depression, for the Bible said, “for the joy of the Lord is my strength, rejoice and again I say rejoice”.
· People who read and believe the Bible can escape Fear, for the Bible said, “For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and a sound mind”.
· I said, those people who read and believe the Bible can escape Poverty, for the Bible said, “it is the Lord who gives of power, to get wealth”, “for the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want”.
· Those who read and believe the Bible can escape Addiction and every kind of Alcoholism and Drugs, for the Bible said, “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be delivered”.
· People who read and believe the Bible can escape Hell, for the Bible said, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins, and to cleans us from all unrighteousness”.
Then he looked at me and said, you know I don’t believe in hell, I said, sir I don’t care what you believe in, it’s still there and you’re still on your way. He turned as red as the shirt that he had on, and He said, you mean God can’t save me? I said no way, and he said why not, and I said, you’re so eager to go to hell with your atheistic ways, so go to it, and go for it. Don’t let the people, who read and believe the Bible stop you, it’s your thing, do what you want to do. Now here is a hypocrite, he said one thing and believed another.
Now the word Hypocrite means, “playacting”, it means you pretend to be one thing on Sunday, and Monday thru Saturday you’re something else. There are 2 kinds of hypocrite:
1. The 1st is the (Non Church Hypocrites) that said “I don’t need to go to church to know God”, let me ask you this:
· Why would God allow you to go to heaven, if you won’t come into his house of God on Sunday.
· Why would God allow you to go to heaven, if you still believe, you don’t need God.
· Why would God allow you to go to heaven, when you continue to curse your own brother and sister out in the Church.
· Why would God allow you to go to heaven, if you can’t stand all of that loud praising in the church.
· Why would God allow you to go to heaven, if you can’t stand people thanking God for all He done for them.
How are you going to stand being in heaven when God comes back? I mean all that singing, and all that praising, and all that Glory to God and stuff. I mean, if you would to go to heaven, you would be in hell. Thank about it, you see: