Summary: There are many things that are uncertain in life, but God’s Word Tells us about some things that we can know for sure.
“Who Knows For Sure?”
Prov 27:1 (KJV)
1 Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
James 4:14 (KJV)
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
The scriptures that we have chosen for our text tonight teach us that man has no way of knowing for sure, what will happen from one day until the next.
We have no way of knowing for sure what tomorrow will bring.
God has not given any on us the POWER TO COMMAND ONE MOMENT OF THE FUTURE!
[A] We do know that our lives can take a turn at any given moment.
(1) We do know that life is compared to a vapor.
(2) Vapor is smoke, always fleeting, always uncertain,
(3) It passes swiftly and no man knows for certain when his
day will come. Live Ready!!
[B] It is ok to plan for the future, but as we all know by now, many
times we make our plans and then we have to modify them to
match HIS plans.
[C] But there are some things that we can know for sure.
I. We Can Be Sure About God
Page 2 3/23/03 PM
1 Cor 1:9 (KJV)9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son
Jesus Christ our Lord.
[A] You know what this tells me? It tells me that I will always
be able to count on Him.
(1) It those times when it seems like I can’t count on anyone else,
He will be faithful to His Word.
(2) Life brings a lot of changes.
(3) Friends turn against on e another, they will forsake you.
*Some who you thought were your friends will turn and say
things to hurt you.
*Those who sing your praises today may be the ones who are
out to get you tomorrow.
*Earthly Friends have misunderstandings, something is said,
something is taken in the wrong way.
[B] But God knows all of my ways, He knows the thoughts and the
intentions of my heart.
(1) He loves just like I am.
(2) He never misunderstands what I say!
(3) He never turns against me!
(4) He never forsakes me.
(5) God is not fickle.
[C] The faithfulness of God is a favorite expression among the ancient
Jews; and by it they properly understand the integrity of God in
preserving whatever is entrusted to him.
[D] Time brings many changes to one’s life but God has declared of
Page 3 3/23/03 PM
Mal 3:6 (KJV)
6 “For I am the LORD, I change not; …”
(1) Here God is declaring to the Jewish people that the era of grace
was coming and that He had not changed His plan but was
simply fulfilling His plan.
(2) They would not be destroyed because of Hid Grace and His
(3) Under the law they deserved to be destroyed!
(4) Under Grace sinful men and women are drawn into a relationship
with the Savior.
[E] In the good times and in the bad, you can count on God.
Heb 13:5 (KJV)
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
II. You Can Be Sure About The Gospel
[A] God’s Word is true and faithful.
(1) Everything else may change, but God’s Word will always remain
(2) His Word will always be effective!
Luke 21:33 (KJV)
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
(3) We have His promises written down, let us read them, let us
Cling to them, let us OBEY THEM.
(4) Let us claim them and count on them.
Isaiah 46:9-10 (KJV)
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Page 4 3/23/03 PM
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
[B] I believe that the Bible is God’s Word. I believe it is all inspired by
Him. I believe that He borrowed the hands of man and He wrote
(1) I believe that the Bible as we know it today was Divinely
assembled by God. He has it put together just as He
Wanted it. From Gen. To Rev.
2 Tim 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: