Summary: How can you encourage your membership to commitment?
Jesus’ encounter with the Samaritan woman beautifully illustrates who membership in for.
1. Membership is for anyone who is not perfect.(v16-18)
"Jesus said to her’you are right when you say you
have no husband. The fact is, you have had five
husbands, and the man you now have is not your
husband. What you just sais is quite true"
2. Membership is for anyone who acknowledges Jesus is
the savior of the world. (v42)
"... and we know that this man really is the savior
of the world".
3. Membership is for anyone who recognizes salvation
is a free gift.(v10)
"If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks
you for a drink you would have asked him and he
would have given you living water."
4. Membership is for anyone who will ask Jesus into
"The woman said to him,Sir, give me this water so
that I won’t get thiristy and have to keep coming
here to draw water."
5. Membership is for anyone who will identify with
Jesus through water baptism.(v1)
" The Pharisees heard that Jesus was gaining and
baptizing more disciples than John, although in
fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his
6. Membership is for anyone who will share their faith
"Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in
him because of the woman’s testimony"
7. Membership is for anyone who will worship God(v23)
"..yet a time is coming and has now come when the
true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit
and in truth, for they are the kind of
worshippers the father seeks."
8. Membership is for anyone who desires to grow more
in their faith.(v40)
"..so when the Samaritans came to him, they urged
him to stay with them, and he stayed two days"
9. Membership is for anyone who would become a team
" Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he
harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the
sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the
saying ’one sows and another reaps ’ is true".