Summary: Here are three practical reasons that everybody needs the Lord.
Who Needs God Anyway?
16 ¶ Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. Isa. 48:16-17 (KJV)
1. Every one of us has NEEDS. (Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of need)
2. Have you ever wondered, “Who needs GOD anyway?”
3. Everything else is temporary by its very NATURE! (Everything else is temporary)
I want to share answers to the question, “Who needs God anyway?”
1- Who Needs God? Everybody Who Needs a REDEEMER.
1. According to the Bible we are all SOLD in sin.
1 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother’s divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away. 2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst. Isa. 50:1-2 (KJV)
3 For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money. Isa. 52:3 (KJV)
1 ¶ Behold, the LORD’S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isa. 59:1-2 (KJV)
2. We sold ourselves individually by our ACTIONS.
agorazo ag-or-ad’-zo to be in the market place, to do business there (1 Cor. 6:20)
exagorazo ex-ag-or-ad’-zo means to redeem by payment of a price to recover from the power of another, to ransom, buy off (Gal. 4:5)
lutroo loo-tro’-o to release on receipt of ransom,to redeem, liberate by payment of ransom, to liberate. (Titus 2:14)
lutrosis loo’-tro-sis the act of ransoming, redemption, deliverance, esp. from the penalty of sin (Lk. 1:68)
3. If you know you’re a sinner you know you need JESUS. (Mt. 1:21)
4. I need the Lord because I need HELP no one else can give me.
2- Who Needs God? Everybody Who Needs a TEACHER.
1. The more I know the more I know I DON’T know much.
2. Jesus is the TRUTH.
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Jn. 14:6 (KJV)
31 ¶ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Jn. 8:31-32 (KJV)
3. The Holy Spirit will lead me into ALL truth. (Jn. 14:26, 1 Cor. 2:11-14, Jer. 33:3)
4. I need the Lord because only God has the ANSWERS to my most important questions.
3- Who Needs God? Everybody Who Needs a GUIDE.
1. Some of us need a little MORE than instruction. (facious – all of us do!!!)