Summary: why we celebrate this day.
1. It is the DAY to remember the birth of our SAVIOR.
-There are three pivotal points in history, as we know it. The first pivotal point is the creation of the Earth. The second is the Flood, which changed everything in time. The biggest thing that we need to understand is that the days before the flood belief in God was as low as it had ever been. This is the reason that God told Noah to build an ark and he was going to change the world. He flooded the earth and made mankind come back to 100% believing in God. The third is the birth of Jesus Christ, this changed the world. Everything we know would never be the same. This changed time itself, the calendar reads BC and AD. These represent Before Christ and Anno Domini which means in the year of the lord. This changed everything. This is one of the reasons why we remember this day for the Lord, it was the greatest event in History. It gave us a covenant with the Lord we didn’t have to go through a priest to be forgiven, all we have to do is pray.
2. It is a DAY to remember how AWSOME our God is.
-Have you ever understood how awesome our God is with all the prophecies he told the prophets in the Old Testament about the coming of Christ? When this came true it fulfilled everything that had ever been said about the Messiah. Jesus Christ is the Messiah he is our Savior. Here are some of the probabilities of Christ fulfilling all of these prophecies. Do the blindfold with pieces of paper and having something written on one to represent what it would have meant to fulfill these probabilities.
• There is no way that Christ’s fulfillment of the prophecies was coincidental. Statistical analysis done by Peter W. Stoner in his book Science Speaks gives the following probabilities:
• Fulfillment of 8 prophecies: 1 in 10 to the 17th power or 1 in one hundred million billion.
• Fulfillment of 48 prophecies: 1 in 10 to the 157th power or 1 in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion.
This just shows how amazing God truly is.
3. It is a DAY to remember that MIRACLES still work.
-I have a friend who is a miracle baby there is no way he should have ever been born. His mother thought that she didn’t want to have any more kids so she had surgery to fix that. A little while later she and her husband wanted to have one more kid. The only problem was that the doctors said that there would be no chance of ever having a child again. They were hopeful and prayed about the situation that God would take control. Well too much of the surprise of everyone they had my friend and when the doctors found out she was pregnant they were stunned, but that just goes to show you that God can do anything.