Summary: here are some simple reasons why every church should be a growing church
Intro: I believe every church should be a growing church. Not because of buildings or programs or even worship or preaching styles. The church should grow because of the many things it possesses that people need in life. Here is a list of why every church should be a growing church.
1. Opportunities are Everywhere—John 4:35 Jesus says that the fields are white unto harvest. Everywhere you look, people are ripe and ready to be harvested. It isn’t a lack of opportunity, it is a lack of harvesters. God gives you a harvest that no one else can reap. There are people who come into your life that are your harvest field. Go get your fruit, every day look at your field.
2. Our message is good news—Romans 1:16- it isn’t that we need a better message, it is that we need to share the message we already possess. This gospel, good news, is news of salvation for anyone who will receive it. All that call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. People who a lost can be found, people who are bound can be free, people in darkness can have light. Sharing the gospel is the key to church growth.
3. Jesus turns lives around—2 Corinthians 5:17—if any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold all things become new. If there is any need in our world today, it is the need to turn lives around for good. Only Jesus can give a new life. Only Jesus can set people free. People need more than a quick fix, they need a new life.
4. The Church cannot be defeated—Matthew 16:18—I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. We are on the winning team. Satan had tried to defeat the people of God in every generation, the devil has tried to bring the church down, but greater is He that is within us, than he that is in the world.
5. This world is temporary, His kingdom is everlasting—Luke 1:33 the reason why the church should grow is we have the message of eternity. People have no hope in this life, but we have a blessed hope in Christ Jesus. People fear the grave, but he has conquered the grave. For whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life—John 3:16.
6. Jesus values people over anything else—Mark 8:36. what shall it profit if a man gain the whole world and lose his soul. The reason the church should grow is because we place value on people over anything else in this world. Souls are the most important thing on the agenda of a true Christian. He that wins souls is wise. Proverbs 11:30.
7. True riches and rewards—Matthew 6:19-21 the last reason the church should grow is because we have the best investment plan in the world. If you do it to the least of these, you do it unto the Lord. If you offer a cup of cold water in His name, you will never lose your reward. If you store up earthly treasures you will lose them, if you store up heavenly treasures, they will remain. Jim Elliot said, he is no fool who loses what he could never gain, to gain what he could never lose.
Close: the church should grow because Jesus built it in such a way that success is guaranteed. If you build it according to the pattern, it will stand. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 3:11 If we build the church for His glory it will stand. Unless the Lord build the church they labor in vain that try to build it.