Summary: We continue our study today on Why Do I Need Holy Spirit in my life? Today we will talk about regeneration, conviction and revelation. Let's access our Bibles...
• Share your personal testimony of the infilling (Baptism) of Holy Spirit
I. HE ASSISTS IN THE PROCESS OF REGENERATION
5. Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
8. The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
A. To regenerate is to re-gene.
1. Holy Spirit renewal happens through regeneration. (Taking out the old and putting in the new)
B. Regeneration often begins when we are “quickened” by Holy Spirit.
1. Have you ever felt a sudden urge to do something or to quit doing something by the Spirit? – That’s a “quickening!”
II. HOLY SPIRIT REPROVES AND CONVICTS US
7. Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
8. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:
9. concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;
10. concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer;
11. concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
A. To Reprove is to: Place blame or charge with a fault.
1. We carry the blame and the fault of our sin until it is washed away by the blood of Jesus through faith and repentance.
2. This happens because of the grace of God.
B. To Convict is to: To convince of sin; to prove or determine to be guilty, as by the conscience. Holy Spirit Convicts us of sin.
1. If we ignore that conviction we have allowed something else to take the place of God in our lives and have entered into idolatry. Anything that takes the place of God in our life becomes our idol.
a. Some become an idol unto themselves. (All they want is what they want and that’s all that matters)
b. Some make idols out of other people. (Family members, Spiritual Leaders, Celebrities, Politicians…)
c. Some make idols out of things. (Investments, Vehicles, Properties, Businesses…)
III. HOLY SPIRIT BRINGS REVELATION
9. But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—
10. these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.
A. Much revelation comes from the “direct access” that we have to our Heavenly Father through Christ! - Ephesians 2:11-22 (18) Read & Expound!
B. Holy Spirit continues to bring the ongoing revelation of Jesus Christ to Spirit-Filled believers all over the world.
1. That revelation comes through the Church that Jesus built!
Today Holy spirit wants to reveal christ to all of us. this begins through accepting Jesus into our hearts!