Summary: Why haven’t the revivals of yesteryear been manifested in our nation’s churches for numerous years?
Why Does Revival Terry? Series #3
Dale Carter Sr.
Harvest Fellowship Community Church
Sunday July 11, 2021 AM
35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. KJV
Acts 1:14. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. KJV
Why haven’t the revivals of yesteryear been manifested in our nation’s churches for numerous years? Perhaps we have too much religion, too many contests, and too many programs or to many, “Send Me” preachers filled with greed convincing good hearted people that all they need to do is send in money and they will pray and God will supply all their needs. I call this a false doctrine and a bare face lie. I firmly believe in “Seed Planting and Harvest.” As the Lord explained, even good seed must be planted in good soil to produce an abundant harvest. If folks will look around, they more than likely will find that their home church is the most fertile soil.
What’s the hold up?
1. Could it be Prayer? The lack of, the sincerity of, maybe the agony of. I have heard many times that churches are counted as strong if they have 10-20% of their average congregation attend pray meeting services. Has the average church goer lost his or her desire to pray unless it’s concerning a personal matter? Let’s look at some quotes from some powerful men:
• “Our praying, however, needs to be pressed and pursued with an energy that never tires, a persistency which will not be denied, and a courage which never fails.” (E.M. Bonds)
• “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, PRAYING IN THE HOLY GHOST.” (Apostle Jude from the Holy Bible)
• “Whole days and weeks have I spent prostrate on the ground in silent or vocal prayer.” (George Whitfield)
• “…..No heart thrives without much secret converse with God, and nothing will make emends for the want of it.” (Berridge)
Prayer changes things: Prayer cannot change the past but it can alter a person’s future. Prayer can actually change the statue of a man, for at no time is a tall man taller than when he is on knees crying out to his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Never is a man manlier than when he is in, “Christ Jesus”. I once heard it said and saw a poster that said, “Real Men Love Jesus.” Never does a father become more idolized than when he kneels with his children at their bedside and prays with them. Prayer is a powerful conversation, it can even change the mind of God. We find in the twentieth chapter of 2 Kings a story of a sick king. God sent the Prophet Isaiah the tell Hezekiah he was going to die. Fear struck Hezekiah and he turned his face to the wall and prayed. God said I have heard your prayers and saw your tears… 2 Kings 20:6. And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake. Deep agonizing prayers that come from deep down even from are very inner parts will move God. Not only did God heal Hezekiah but he delivered the city from bondage and there must have been a great revival. All this come to pass from the prayer of one disparate man.
When a few become more and more aware of the value God puts on a loss soul, and in desperation, with despair to the point of starvation, for a move of God in their own heart, turn away from their comforts, luxuries and easy living, fall on their faces at the foot of the cross before God, as did the Prophet Daniel. When these things begin to happen I believe then we’ll see a move of God as never before. The repeated prayers of, “God save my family” over and over and over will become a reality, the substance of things and will produce the things not yet seem.
2. Lack of Labours?
• Matt 9:37-38. Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38. Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. KJV