Summary: Corruption, Compromise and Immorality seems prevalent in our society, There's a lot of things, peoples, habit and practices that we do in our churches today.. iF our forefathers still lives today they surely vehemently abhor us.
AND GOD SAW THE LIGHT ,THAT IT WAS GOOD: AND GOD DIVIDED THE LIGHT FOR THE DARKNESS. GEN 1:4.
1.) THE PHYSICAL LIGHT.
• To behold us the glory of his creation.
• To give light to our surrounding.
• To do our duties and responsibilities.
• Light is fits only those whose eyes are open. A lot of God’s creatures living in a place where Light is absent, suffered from blindness. Because their surrounding is totally dark they don’t need eyes.
2.)THE SPIRITUAL LIGHT.
A.) The gospel light. ( Ps.119:105.) When the Holy Spirit open the eyes of our understanding, We begun to understand the gospel. And the light of the gospel helps us to;
• To behold the Glory of God. ( the attributes of God)
• To behold Sin in its true colors. The bible illustrate sin in three different way. First. The word Sin, means fall short. Rom. 3:23. Second. The word transgression, means crossing the line. Adam crossed the line that God set before him. Third. Is the word, Iniquity, means twisted and crooked.
• To behold our real standing before God. Rom.3:10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:11.There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 18There is no fear of God before their eyes.
• To understand the purpose of Gods plan to each one of us.
3.)OUR TESTIMONY SERVES AS LIGHT. (Matt.5:16.)
• Those who walk in darkness needs our light.
• When our life serves as light to others, God is honored and glorified.
4.)THE DISTINCTION OF LIGHT FROM DARKNESS. Gen. 1:4.)
a.) God divided the light from the darkness. There must be a distinction between;
1. Light and darkness.
2. Bad and good.
3. Right and wrong.
4. Good and evil.
5. Moral and immoral.
6. Holy and worldly.
God is light. 1John 1:5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6.If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7.But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8.If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
“God’s purpose of creating light should impress us to do the same thing.”