Summary: Reason why I am thankful to God
Pastor Kevin Burden
Carter Creek Baptist Church
For Wednesday, November 21, 2007
#1. I Am Thankful that even though I ignored and mocked God for 21 years, He still loved me and sought me.
• For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Jn 3:16)
#2. I Am Thankful that even though I broke the commandments of God and was His enemy, Jesus Christ took my guiltiness upon Himself.
• But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Rom 5:8)
• For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. (Rom 5:10)
#3. I Am Thankful that the Holy Spirit continued to call me, woo me, convict me, and bother me until I surrendered to His call for repentance and salvation.
• Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts... (Heb 3:7)
#4. I Am Thankful that salvation is a free gift and that I did not have to work or pay for it.
• For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Eph 2:8-9)
• And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. (Rev 22:17)
#5. I Am Thankful that when I came to Jesus Christ, He forever removed the burden of my sin, and the heavy load of guilt that came with it, and made me free!
• As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. (Ps 103:12)
• And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (Jn 8:32)
#6. I Am Thankful that when I came to Jesus, He put my name in His book of life, and I never again have to worry about going to hell.
• And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Rev 20:15)
#7. I Am Thankful that when I came to believe in Jesus, He made me a home in heaven and one day He will come to take me there!
• Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (Jn 14:1-3)
#8. I Am Thankful that while I remain here, God has not just given me life, but abundant life!
• The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (Jn 10:10)
#9. I Am Thankful that while I remain here the Lord has seen fit to daily load me with divine benefits.
• Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. (Ps 68:19)
#10. I Am Thankful for the Lord’s daily mercies, compassion & faithfulness.
• It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. (Lam 3:22-23)