Summary: God is able to use the mystery that suffering often brings. Yet, some people quickly reach the end of their rope when they encounter adversities. The Lord’s grace is sufficient for any weakness, confusion or problem.
"Why is There So Much Suffering in the World?"
Many people fail to understand God’s greater purposes for physical suffering. Instead of allowing the disciples to drag Jesus into a complicated discussion about sin and suffering, Jesus stated an important fact about sickness when He said, "This blind man did not sin nor did his parents. But he was allowed to be born blind so that the works of God could be displayed in his life." (John 9;3,4)
1. Spiritual wellness is always more important to Jesus than physical healing. The Lord knows that our spiritual condition greatly affects our emotionally, mentally and physically health. Do not assume that people are suffering because of something they have done wrong. God may allow infirmities to come into our life so that we may accomplish His greater purposes in His power.
2. Jesus never overlooks anyone who calls to Him for help. A lowly beggar-blind man called out to Jesus and the disciples only had an academic interest in him. The love of Jesus is more important than academic issues. People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care.
3. Jesus Christ’s teaching ministry is accented by miraculous works, healing or signs and wonders. Never underestimate God’s ability to use any situation for a display of His power to deliver. Many people in the developing world are drawn to the Lord by His demonstrations of power, deliverance and healing.
4. Remember that God’s higher purposes are contained in God’s sovereign will that may not be understandable to us at this time. He works in ways that we often do not understand. "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law." (Deut. 29:29)
5. Do not be discouraged by cynics who continue to doubt the legitimacy of God’s power to perform supernatural works. Our God is able to do whatever He wants with whomever He wants for whatever reason. His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.(Isa. 55:8,9)
6. Physical limitations and sufferings help us remember that we are only strangers and pilgrims on this earth. We are not to put too much trust, hope or confidence in our human frailty. Even though youth grow weary and tired and strong men will someday stumble badly, but they who wait on God will renew their strength.
7. God’s goal is greater than just our human pleasures. Human suffering is often a catalyst to bring many to realize their utter dependency on the Lord for all good things. Suffering often humbles the most powerful
8. Faith is a necessary pre-requisite to seeing God work His way in our lives. If your faith is weak it will tend to limit your ability to experience the greatest of His power working in and through you. "He who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
9. We all must thank God for the physical capacities, abilities, and limitations we have. Avoid the temptation to compare yourself with others who are more capable of doing a greater quantity or quality of work.
10. Set your attentions on God’s greater purpose for every human sickness, suffering or pain. Our loving God never allows anything to come into our life that we are not able to handle.
11. Remember that no human problem is so terrible that it will prevent you from doing God’s will.
12. Remember that God is greater than any problem and He is able to use any suffering to advance His kingdom and His righteousness while at the same time making you more like Jesus Christ!
13. The unbeliever is not able to plug into the greater powers of God to heal, restore and rejuvenate.
14. Carnal Christians are not able to access all of the mighty power, wisdom and enabling of the Holy Spirit
15. God’s deliverance ministry was used to bring people closer to Jesus Christ and His will. The Lord did not design His deliverance to remove us from all difficulty leaving us to do whatever we want. The Lord delivered people throughout the scripture so that they would be in a better position to do His will.
16. God’s time-table is often inscrutable to human thinking. He alone knows the end from the beginning. Do not try to out guess God or assume that you know what is the best way for Him to advance His causes.
17. God is able to use the mystery that suffering often brings. Many people quickly reach the end of their rope when they encounter adversities. The Lord’s grace is sufficient for any weakness, confusion or problem.