1. The Holy Spirit is not a second or third rate power in the Trinity. Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor, to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed." (Luke 4:18 (quickview) ) Remember that the Holy Spirit is an equal partner in the Trinity as He helps you to carry out ALL of the will of God in your personal life and ministry.
2. The Holy Spirit possesses all the judgment and power of every member of the Godhead. Of Othniel it was written, "The Spirit of the Lord came upon him, so that he became Israel's judge and went to war. The Lord gave Cushan-Rishathaim king of Aram into the hands of Othniel, who overpowered him." (Judges 3:10 (quickview) ) When you speak, teach, and minister, do it with all of the wise judgment and power that you possess in the Holy Spirit.
3. The Holy Spirit does not accept rejection well. Stephen spoke these tough words to the Sanhedrin, "You stiff necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!" (Acts 7:51 (quickview) ) Learn to help people fear the Lord and to hate evil by revealing the devasting consequences of rejecting the Holy Spirit's will.
4. The Holy Spirit is spoken of as Divine. Jesus said, "But whoever
5. The Holy Spirit is able to make a success out of a failure or a failure out of success. Paul wrote, "He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant." (2 Cor. 3:5,6) Micah wrote, "But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression, to Israel his sin." (Micah 3:8 (quickview) ) Ask the Lord to turn any aspects of your life and ministry that is failing into a success. Be willing to give up any thought, attitude or practice that is causing you to fail the Spirit's will.
6. The Holy Spirit can bring new life into dead things. Peter wrote, "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit." (I Pet. 3:18) Ask the Lord to bring many who are now dead to life with His power.
7. The Holy Spirit is eternal. Jesus said, "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever." (John 14:16 (quickview) ) Consider the eternal wisdom, power and resources that are yours in the person of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Ask the Lord to help you to appropriate all of that eternal power for His purposes.
8. The Holy Spirit possesses all wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Isaiah wrote, "The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord." (Isa. 11:2) Ask the Lord to help you to gain greater insights from the Spirit in all aspects of your personal life, relationships and ministries.