1. Jesus knew that great people continuously acknowledge their need for Him through all kinds of prayer. The Lord Jesus said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (Jn 15:5) Ask the Lord to help you avoid becoming worried, bothered or angered when things do not work out just right. Thank the Lord for His promise to help you bear fruit as a result of praying to Him with total dependence, obedience and awareness of the scriptures.
2. Jesus knew that great people continue to grow in their mental, emotional, and experiential understanding of the Lord through His word. The Lord Jesus said, "If you continue in my word, then truly are you my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." (Jn 8:31,32) Ask the Lord for greater spiritual wisdom and understanding in His word. The more you obey, the more He will reveal.
3. Jesus knew that great people are made great as a result of humbling themselves under the mighty hand of God. The Messiah said, "For whoever exalts himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." (Matt. 23:12) Ask the Lord to help you avoid any forms of mentla, social, or spiritual pride. Humbling yourself begins with a rich time of prayer and study of the word every day to allow the Lord to direct your thinking, emotions and actions.
4. Jesus knew that great people have a holy confidence that God will help them succeed. The Lord Jesus said, "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." (Jn 15:16) Ask the Lord to give you a greater assurance that He will help you succeed with His purposes.
5. Jesus knew that great people rest quietly in the truth that the Lord will cause the proud to fail. The Lord Jesus said, "No branch can bear fruit by itself it must remain in the vine." (Jn 15:4) Ask the Lord for greater certitude that He will fight against anyone or anything that tries to hinder God's plans for your life, ministry and people.
6. Jesus knew that great people are willing to undergo correction. The Lord Jesus said, "Every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." (Jn 15:2) Ask the Lord for a teachable attitude in order that He can create in you a greater godly character, wisdom and skill.
7. Jesus knew that great people are given greater discernment about unfruitful people and ministries. Jesus said, "If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." (John 15:6) Ask the Lord to help you gain greater discernment so as to avoid investing in unfruitful people or ministries.
8. Jesus knew that great people help make other fruitful disciples. The Lord Jesus said, "All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations." (Matt. 28:19,20) Ask the Lord to help you demonstrate fruitfulness in the quantity and quality of disciples you produce who are helping to fulfill the great commission.