1. Jesus knew that scriptural faith changes the way we view life. John wrote of Jesus, "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of Godo - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God." (John 1:12 (quickview) ,13) Ask the Lord to help you bring many people to believe and receive Christ as their Savior enabling them to gain a new and better perspective on life.
2. Jesus knew that obedient faith produces changes in our success, productivity and fruitfulness. The Lord Jesus said, "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." (John 7:38 (quickview) ) Ask the Lord to help you gain greater obedient faith enabling you to be more successful, productive and fruitful.
3. Jesus knew that a God inspired faith allows us to attempt and expect greater things than even He did on earth. The Lord Jesus promised, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12 (quickview) ) Ask the Lord to help you to grow to a point where you can attempt and expect to do "greater things" for God's glory.
4. Jesus knew that great faith allows us to tap into the full power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. The Lord Jesus said, "If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit (without measure) to those who ask him!" (Lk 11:13) Ask the Lord to help you be filled with all the power of the Spirit enabling you to lack nothing.
5. Jesus knew that believing was a prerequisite to understanding all that God can do for us. The good Shepherd said, "If you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Mt. 21:21,22) Ask the Lord to help you mature in your faith to a point where you can comprehend all that God wants you to accomplish.
6. Jesus knew that without correct faith we tend to look for the wrong things. One day the Mother of Zebedee's sons came to Jesus with her sons and kneeling down asked, 'Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.' Jesus said, "You don't know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?" (Mt. 20:20-22) Ask the Lord for wisdom, humility and full submission to His sovereign will.
7. Jesus knew that hypocritical faith tends to obscure our understanding of God and His will. The Lord Jesus said to the Pharisees, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God." (Mt. 22:29) Ask the Lord to remove any aspects of Pharisaical faith that will distort and obscure your understanding of God and His will.
8. Jesus knew that growing in faith is largely a question of how much we are willing to discipline ourselves for godliness. The Lord Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe. Thomas said, "My Lord and my God!" (Jn. 20:27,28) Ask the Lord for a greater willingness to see and do all that God wants for you and your ministries. Pray for courage to conquer any of your doubts, fears or misunderstanding of God's attributes.