1. The Holy Spirit wants us to take full advantage of the fact that Christ has already declared us conquerors through His redemption. Paul wrote, "We are more than conquerors through Him who love loved us." (Rom. 8:37) Ask the Lord to help you to appropriate all the resources that you enjoy as a conqueror through Christ. Do not live as a one who lives gripped by fear, timidity or insecurity. Trust the Lord to help you to use all of your resources for the advancement of Christ’s great commission of Matthew 28:18-20 - Go into all the world and make disciples of all the nations...
2. The Holy Spirit gives you great boldness, courage and supernatural strength in fighting the good fight of faith. Paul wrote, "I have strength for ALL things through Christ who empowers me. I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses inner strength into me. I can do everything God asks me to do with the help of Christ who gives me all sufficient strength and power." (Phil. 4:13 - Amplified and Living Versions) Ask the Lord to give you greater boldness, confidence and supernatural strength to take the offensive in evangelism, disciple-making and planting new house fellowships for Him.
3. The Holy Spirit gives us the wisdom to see that we are to fight to wrest from Satan’s possession those who through fear of death are subject to his bondage. The writer of Hebrews wrote, "Christ shared in our humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death - that is, the devil - and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death." (Heb. 2:14,15) Ask the Lord to help you to wage spiritual offensive (Not merely the defensive, fortress or maintenance kind) warfare that seeks to bring thousands to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
4. The Holy Spirit directs us toward the most strategic battles to fight in order to advance His kingdom and righteousness in the greatest qualitative and quantitative ways. Many battles are just not worth fighting and the Holy Spirit has the supernatural ability to guide us to those confrontations that are most strategic. Paul wrote, "Have nothing to do with stupid, senseless controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant that they will repent and come to know the truth, and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will. (2 Timothy 2:23-26) Ask the Lord to help you to be directed to His priority battles which will affect the growth of His kingdom and righteousness in the greatest qualitative and quantitative measures.
5. The Holy Spirit encourages us to solicit prayerful intercessors for assistance in our spiritual offensive battles. Paul wrote, "Pray at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that utterance may be given me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel... that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak." (Eph. 6:18-20) There are hundreds of prayer intercessory services on the Internet that will pray anonymously and specifically for your requests if you submit your individual requests. Ask the Lord to help you to search the web to connect with prayer warriors who are willing to intercede on your behalf.
6. The Holy Spirit knows how to coordinate many simultaneous spiritual offensive battles as long as individuals and churches are willing to trust and obey the principles of God’s word. Do not try to put other people under your control or authority unless they are willing to voluntarily submit to your leadership. One day John said to Jesus, "Teacher, we saw a man casting out demons in your name, and we forbade him because he was not following us. But Jesus said, ‘Do not forbid him; for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon after to speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is for us." (Mark 9:38-40) Ask the Lord to help you encourage other individuals and denominations to take the offensive in their spiritual battles of evangelism, community outreach and planting new churches by the Spirit’s directions.
7. The Holy Spirit shows us how to take advantage of special turning points in the lives of individuals, groups and communities. Do not miss the golden opportunities when people are especially receptive to the gospel. Peter wrote, "Do not fear what others fear. But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." (I Pet. 3:14,15) Ask the Lord to help you to be especially sensitive and alert for times when individuals, groups and communities are particularly open to the gospel’s truths.