Summary: why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Ezekiel 33 v 1 - 20 v 11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
1. THE AVAILABILITY OF SALVATION v 10 "how should we then live?" v11 " As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; " WHO CARES IF MY SOUL IS LOST?
In Psalm 142:4 David said, "I look on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul."
1. God cares if my soul is lost. I Tim. 2:3,4; "3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."
2 Peter 3:9. "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
2. Christ cares for our souls and does not them to be lost.
Romans 5:8,9 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."
3. The Holy Spirit also cares if we are lost.
1 Cor. 2:12, 13."Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual."
Rev. 22:17. "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely"
4. The Angels care about your soul. In Luke 15:10 "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth."
5. All good people care about our souls. Paul could wish himself accursed for Israel's sake (Rom. 9:3). Also he said his heart desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they might be saved (Rom. 10:1-3).
6. Departed loved ones care about whether or not we are lost. Hebrews 12:1,2 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Rich Man In Luke 16: 27 "Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment."
7. Most of all I will care if my soul is lost. In Luke 13:24-28 we read, "strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house in risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity."