Summary: God offers counselling, but many are rejecting it today.
JER. 42:19-22 "WILL YOU REJECT MY COUNSEL?"
* I have sat in my office, in my home, and in other people’s homes and counseled with them.
* I always try to give them advise as to what the Bible has to say about their problem.
A) Some people take my advise, and some don’t. * I have counseled about marriage,
* About finances, and other problems. * If you come to me and ask my advise about something,
* Then you have a choice to make. * You either accept my counsel or you reject it!
B) God gives His people PASTORS for counsel. * The relationship of pastor and people,
* Is not just a matter of preaching to Christians who respond by going down the aisle to pray
if they have committed sin the week before!
* God gives Christians pastors to guide them through life’s journey!
* Prov. 12:15 "The way of a fool is right in ... but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."
(1) DON’T REJECT MY COUNSEL ABOUT DELIVERANCE FROM SIN!
* Acts 28:23-24 * Some believed and some believed not the preaching of Paul!
* Here are some things that you can’t reject my counsel on:
A) About The Supernatural Requirements Of Salvation! * Now, salvation is free, I know that!
* But there are some requirements of salvation that has to be met before you can receive it!
* First of all, you have to desire salvation before you can receive salvation!
* Jesus will never force Himself on anybody! * He never has & He never will!
* No sinner will ever be saved if he doesn’t desire to be saved! * He’s got to want to!
* Second, you’ve got to believe by faith! * Believe what? * That Jesus died & rose from the dead,
* and that He will forgive you of all your sins! * Rom.10:9-10
* And third, you’ve got to call on the name of the Lord! * Rom.10:13
B) About The Strait Road Of Salvation! * Matt.7:13-14 "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for ..."
* "strait" - a narrow confined place or space; strict, rigorous, difficult to be entered.
* I’m telling you that the way to heaven is narrow! * Not many travel on this road! * "Few ..."
C) Now, there are two gates; one wide and one narrow & every man stands before the wide gate!
* It is immediately before him, right before his face!
* It is the only gate that faces him; in fact, it is so close to him that no entrance is necessary.
* All he has to do is take a step and he has entered it!
D) The narrow gate is not seen! * A person has to search for it in order to find it!
* It is both narrow and facing in the opposite direction from the wide gate! * This means that:
* It is not immediately or naturally seen; * Can be found only if one turns (repents) to find it.
* It has to be sought; & is difficult to enter when found (narrow).
E) That’s why only a few choose it! * Jer.21:8 "Thus saith ... Behold, I set before ......."
* If you ever plan to make Heaven your home, you’re gonna have to travel the narrow road!
* You have to live right if you travel on this road cause they aint no detours!
F) About The Simple Reception Of Salvation! * I don’t know why some make it so hard!
* Receiving salvation is so simple that a child can understand how to do it!
* In fact, Jesus says in Matt.18:3 "Verily I say ... Except ye be converted, & become as ......."
* So don’t reject my counsel about deliverance from sin; & about the supernatural requirements
of salvation, about the strait road of salvation & about the simple reception of salvation!
(2) DON’T REJECT MY COUNSEL ABOUT THE DANGERS OF SATAN!
* 1 Pet.5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh ..."
* This verse was written to pastors, who had just been told in the context to oversee God’s flock
and feed them! * The devil would love to destroy all pastors! * He attacks them always!
* He attacks them physically and spiritually! * He wants to get them out of the way!
A) He Does Seek You! * In Job 1:6-11 * He sought Job out! * "Walking to & fro ......."
* The devil is not chained in hell; he’s walking up & down in this earth looking for you .......
B) He Does Set Traps For You! * Luke 22:31 "And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold,