Conditions For Entry Into Heaven
1. Romans 10:9,10 - If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead - as a substitutionary payment for the forgiveness of YOUR sins, you will be saved. Everyone has sinned and fallen short of God's standard of holiness. Yet, Jesus Christ's death on the cross provided a way of redemption for those who are willing to trust Christ by receiving Him as the Savior of all their sins and the giver of eternal life.
2. John 3:16 - Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever BELIEVES in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life." To believe in Jesus Christ means that we are willing to trust, rely and depend on His truth to direct our lives.
Reasons Why People Go To Hell
1. Ephesians 2:8,9 - Some people try to get to heaven through their good works. It is by grace that we are saved through faith not as a result of works so that no one can boast that they deserve to go to heaven. Many fail to realize that salvation is a free gift of God through our Jesus Christ.
2. Titus 3:5 - Some people fail to realize that God brings people to a new life through His mercy, His cleansing of our souls from all sins - past, present, and future through a new birth and the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit who takes up permanent residence in our mind.
3. John 1:12,13 - "But as many as received Him He gave the authority, power, privilege, and right to become a son or daughter of God." Some fail to receive the free gift of salvation and the forgiveness of their sins offered by faith in Jesus Christ's substitutionary payment for sin. They remain outside of God's family. Nothing short of receiving Christ as Savior gives one eternal life
4. Mark 4:17 - "Some have no real roots in Christ and so they endure for a little while. When trouble or persecution arises on account of the Word, or worries or riches or pleasures choke out the life giving truths of the scriptures from their minds, they lose faith in Christ and their lives become spiritually fruitless." Many people go to church but fail to possess saving faith.
5. I John 2:15,16 - "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world." Many people are more controlled by their own lusts, desires and need for selfish interests that they prefer to remain in the world and controlled by its ways rather than by Jesus Christ
6. I John 4:4 - "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." - Many people never receive Christ as their resident Savior and Lord. Consequently, they are conquered by Satan.
7. I John 3:4 - "Everyone who habitually commits sin is guilty of lawlessness - the violating of God's law by transgression or neglect - being unrestrained and unregulated by His commands and His will." Those who have failed to receive Christ as Savior and Lord are slaves of sin.
8. I John 3:6 - "No one who remains in a close relationship with Jesus Christ will habitually practice disobedience knowingly because it is evidence that they have never really had an experiential acquaintance with Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord."