Summary: Wisdom is always available, knows a thing or two, has a Deeping desire, and she speaks to our soul.
“WISDOM” Proverbs 8:1-4, 22-31
1. Wisdom is always available according to our text
• 8Does not wisdom call, and does not understanding raise her voice? 2 Wisdom is available On the heights, beside the way, at the crossroads she takes her stand; 3 beside the gates in front of the town, at the entrance of the portals she cries out: 4 ‘To you, O people, I call, and my cry is to all that live.
• When we call for DR appointment we may have to wait for weeks we don’t wait for wisdom
• Wisdom comes to us whenever wherever we are on our journey
• (James 1:5). "If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you"
2. Wisdom knows a thing or two because it has seen a thing or two has a tremendous amount of experience (Farmers Ins)22 The Lord created me at the beginning* of his work,*the first of his acts of long ago
• Before the first day of creation, God made Sophie and appointed her a consultant to humanity.
• Wisdoms advice is Practical, useable, helpful, meaningful for your life, trustworthy
• Our text says that Wisdom 23 was set up, before the beginning of the earth. 24 When there were no depths I was brought forth,. 25 Before He shaped the mountains I was brought forth, I was there when He established the Heavens, when He made skys above, when He assigned the Seas their limits, 30 I was daily his* delight,rejoicing before him always,
3. Wisdom has deepening Desire for each of us
• Wisdom has Pure motives, wisdom has our best interest at the forefront
• Wisdom worshiped God from the beginning of time, and her greatest delight is to deepen our relationship with God. She longs to help us live into the goodness for which we are created.
4. Consider some of the Results of Wisdom
• She has been a consultant to kings, princes and other rulers. I help kings to govern and rulers to make fair laws. Princes use me to lead, and so do all important people who judge fairly. Those who have listened and followed her in the past give high recommendations, calling her direction more valuable than gold or jewels.
• Those who have followed wisdom have found wonderful peace and joy
5. How can we be advised by Wisdom “we need to be quiet enough to hear her speak”
• Remember wisdom calls She calls at worship if we are willing to open our ears and listen
• She desires to open our hearts to allow the wisdom of God to come in
• Wisdom speaks through the Scriptures, the hymns, the prayers, the sermons
• We meet God's wisdom in our reading of the Bible. Whenever we take the time to read and listen to what the Spirit of God is speaking to us in the words of Scripture, we hear her speak.
• We meet Sophie in prayer and silence. When we quiet our minds and spirits enough, we make room for her speak to the deepest parts of ourselves.
6. Wisdom speaks to our soul. Wisdom says, “I am wisdom, and I am smart. If you respect the Lord, you will also hate evil. I hate pride and bragging, evil ways and lies. I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. Riches and honor are mine to give. What I give is better than the finest goldI do what is right and follow the path of justice. I give wealth to those who love me, filling their houses with treasures. Proverbs 8:12-21
• Wisdom says build your house on The Rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
• Wisdom says “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom “(reverence God)
• Wisdom says Romans 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
• Wisdom pleads with us 17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.
• Wisdom says, Come to Jesus come unto me all ye that are heavy laden come unto me and I will give you rest for your soul