Summary: A series of short biographies leading God’s people in my care to consider which women God has used to challenge them to grow as Christians.
There are several women I want to meet when I go to heaven.
1. Jochebed, who was MOSES’ mother (Exodus 2 & 6:20).
2. Deborah, who was “a mother in ISRAEL” (Judges 4 & 5).
3. Mary, who was JESUS’ mother (Luke 1).
4. Susanna Wesley, who was mother to eighteen.
5. REBA HINTON, WHO WAS CONNIE’S MOTHER.
There are several women I want to see again when I go to heaven.
1. Sylvia Shockey and Mamie Leadingham – my grandmothers.
2. Katherine Kinzer, who was a little ODD but she loved Jesus and could give carloads of gifts to the poor.
3. Blanche Silvernale, who was CONNIE’S dorm mother when we were in college.
4. JESSE COX, COMMUNION STEWARD AND PRAYER WARRIOR.
There are several women I’m glad to know now, before I go to heaven.
1. Connie, my wife.
2. Nicole & Kristen, my grown up daughters and Katie Beth, my little woman in training.
3. Maxine Haines, my mother who has taught me so many things.
4. Rhoda Sommer, my sister who knows how to survive and to serve God.
5. THE WOMEN OF THIS CHURCH.
The Bottom line:
We all are inspired by someone.
They are the persons God uses to CHALLENGES us to push higher.
Who are the women who inspire you? (ALLOW TIME FOR INDIVIDUALS TO SHARE THE NAMES OF WOMEN WHO INSPIRE THEM.)