Summary: Worship is our response to God.
Psalm 95 “Worship”
1. Worship is what God desires of His creation
• God has always desired our worship consider the first offering given by Able But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering,
• God desired worship so much He had humanity build a place for worship 8"Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. 9Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.
2. Music has been a Part worship
• Let us Sing, Let us sing joyously/joyfully, Let us sing out loud Let us cry out with joy
• Let us make a joyful noise
• All these invoke a victory type response to give a victory shout or cheer like one would in defeat of enemy or loud like cry out as an alarm that enemy is approaching!
• Music has always been part of worship the Levites who were musicians dressed in fine linen and playing cymbals, harps and lyres. They were accompanied by 120 priests sounding trumpets. 13The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices to the LORD and sang: "He is good; his love endures forever."
3. We notice in the text that worship is corporate not private
• Notice verse 1 let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
• Notice verse 2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! Verse 6 O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
4. Worship is Our Response to God because of who God is
• “WE love Him because He first Loved Us” 1 John 4:19
• God is the rock of our salvation (v. 1). He is the foundation of redemption Recall the response of the Blind man Jesus asked him , "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36"Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him." 38Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him. He encountered the Rock of our salvation
• In vs. 3, God is, “the great God" and "the great King above all gods."
• In vs. 4-5 God is praised for His work as the CREATOR of all things.
• In vs. 6, God is "our maker." In vs. 7,
• He is our God and our shepherd, and we are his people (v. 7). Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"
5. We are to Worship Vocally. I am assured we have the ability to voice stuff
• Hebrews 13:15, "Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name."
• We can Worship Physically. In vs. 6 we are told to "bow down" and to "kneel" before the Lord.
• Psalm 47:1, "Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph!"
• Worship involves (awe, wonder, reverence, respect adoration) & actions (bowing, clapping, praising, giving, serving.) Worship is our response of ALL God is and what god has done. Worship is a lifestyle. Worship is constantly putting God first in what we say,
6. Finally, God desires our worship
• Worship involves music, worship involves us, worship involves response, and worship involves our emotions. Let us worship!