Summary: The story of Moses shows us how God can use us--through surrender of our identity, our tools, and our weaknesses to Him.
• There is nothing more important than worship.
• All God does begins with worship, not activity.
• It is deep relationship with God.
• It is allowing God to dig into us at the deepest levels and transform us.
I. REPOSITIONING FOR RELEASE
• The story of Mt. Horeb (Mt Sinai) and the burning bush.
Exodus 3:3,5,10-11, “When the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” 5Then He said,…I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring my people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” 11But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?”
• Last week we opened this up…”Who am I?”
• That is the big question, and here is the answer: Only God knows.
• Who you really are and who you were created to be.
• Before life and sin marred you and me.
• Transformation is God restoring us to who we were intended to be.
• Worship releases our destiny. God is getting to that in Moses in this event.
• There is a freeing, a releasing that begins to take place.
• God is declaring your life is given for more than just you, for others.
• He frees us to free others.
• Worship has to do with relationship between God and man.
• God’s terms of worship is our surrendering to Him and His person.
• There are 4 things that God requires of Moses; that begin his transformation.
• It is the stripping back of our props, our façade, the things that keep us from Him.
• Moses had plenty. He had lost the chance of a lifetime; to be Pharaoh.
II. 4 STEPS BACK TO REALITY
1st – Chapter 3:5 - The first thing God does to remake Moses is very uncomfortable.
• He intentionally makes him vulnerable.
• “Take off your shoes” - this isn’t about the ground here.
• Take off your shoes. Saying we’re gonna deal on my terms. You are going to be uncomfortable.
• He is on the side of a mountain, standing on rocks.
• But this is about foundations. What do you live out of? Man’s undergirding or God’s?
• Human confidence is great but it cannot accomplish the kingdom of God.
Only standing on Him…Matthew 7:24, “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25“And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.
• What makes worship worshipful to God? Your stance before Him.
• Do you see His greatness, do you bow before Him?
2nd - “Throw down your rod.”
• 4:1 - Moses asks a reasonable question. “What if they don’t believe me?”
• Sounds harmless enough. What is that about?