Summary: Who are the worthless shepherds?
Who is a shepherd?
A pastor/Leader of a church is a shepherd of the church.
The Shepherd is also a Watchman!
Besides leaders and all Christian ministers, a 'must read' for Bible college students who should know the seriousness of their calling. No more playing/fooling around, God expects serious business!
"Woe to my worthless Shepherds, who deserts the flock! May the sword strike
His arm and his right eye!
Let his arm be wholly withered, his right eye utterly blinded."
This is the judgement on the foolish SHEPHERDS!
To start with God writes to HIS (observe the scripture where God says My Shepherd) WORTHLESS Shepherds,so the shepherds who are worthy do not have to worry or get anxious, this is based on God's Word, therefore let the Word speak for itself. Read the word properly before proceeding with the message.
Who are the worthless shepherds? Shepherds are accountable to God!
Ezekiel 34:2 "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?"
1) The shepherd who does not wake up early before dawn to pray and have an intimate conversation with the Lord is worthless who cannot even save him/herself. There is no fence for such churches shepherded by shepherds who do not wake up early to pray. The flock is in danger!! 👆No wonder God is angry with such shepherds who are careless!
2) God expects His shepherd to spend minimum 2 hours in prayer, 'we live by grace ' does not work here because he happens to be a soldier!👆
3) Shepherd who does not spend time reading the Word cannot bring fresh manna on Sundays, borrowed sermon from Google will be given to the flock. Stale food! God's anger is severe on shepherds who keep big fat Bibles but never read them.
4) A good shepherd is ready to die for his flock. A good shepherd stays awake once a month and does all-night prayer for self examination and anointing.
Leviticus 6:13"The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out."
5) The Lord said in Isaiah 58:1 " declare to my people their transgressions" Therefore the shepherd should be a God-pleaser and warn the flock bravely rather than compromise.
6) The shepherd is a guide:
He is responsible if the flock gets lost, he has to lead them to green pasture and still waters. This assignment cannot be done without intimacy with God, fasting and prayer.
7) Holiness: Apostle Paul beautifully summarizes in a single scripture of what is expected of a shepherd in Titus 1:8"Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined." Amen.
8) The lips of the priest should guard knowledge, he should be able to give good counseling and impart wisdom to his people. Malachi 2:7 "For the lips of a priest should preserve knowledge, and men should seek instruction from his mouth; for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
Today we have irresponsible leaders forward messages without proper verification and reading. Leaders who lack self control and argue for silly reasons. 👆👆 A leader has to have very close intimacy with the Holy Spirit so that he is able to walk upright in all ways.
Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood.