Summary: This is the 1st sermon in the series "Wrestling With Your Faith".
Series: Wrestling With Your Faith (Habakkuk)[#1]
WRESTLING THE CHAMPION
1. Some Christians go through life with their eyes closed.
2. Habakkuk was not this way. He could see the spirituality of his nation ¡§going into the toilet¡¨.
3. Habakkuk was burdened by what was happening and was wrestling with his faith.
4. Are you burdened by our world today?
5. What are you wrestling with?
1. The setting was most likely during the reign and death of King Josiah.
2. During the reign of King Josiah several key spiritual things occurred:
„© The idols and places of idol worship were destroyed.
„© The temple was rebuilt and restored.
„© The Book of the Law was found and read to all the people.
„© The Passover was again celebrated.
3. During this time, Judah seemed to be in good spiritual condition, or were they?
1. Habakkuk was wrestling with God¡¦s methods. Habakkuk made 3 accusations against God.
„© 1st accusation: Indifference.
„© 2nd accusation: Inactivity.
„© 3rd accusation: Inconsistency.
2. In your own life, do you wrestle with your faith because you feel like God is guilty of one of these 3 things? What was the problem? Wasn¡¦t things going spiritually well in Judah?
3. Understand that reformation without repentance never last. Yes, they found the Books of the Law and started having religious services again; but those things reveal sins, not change your heart.
1. Are you burdened by the sinfulness of this world? Are you struggling with the sinfulness in your own life?
2. Are you going through all the motions but still struggling?
3. Let God reveal to you the problem and then repent.