Summary: If you learn to wait upon the Lord, you will find him a source of strength that can transform you into an eagle.
Yahweh and the Eagles
1.Do you know any Eagle Scouts?
2. I have been privileged to participate in a number of Eagle Scout ceremonies; it is something to be proud of. I respect young men who achieve such an honor.
3. The idea of describing an honored scout as an “Eagle” Scout is based upon a long tradition of respect for the eagle. American Indians respected the eagle. Eagles were admired for their grandeur, gracefulness, strength, and longevity (average 30 years in zoos). Eagles on our coins and the imperial seal of Rome.
4.But I know many eagles who are not scouts. These are believers in Jesus who draw upon God to keep going when most would quit; they find strength outside themselves – in God -- during the most severe of trials. They are bruised and battered, often feel miserable, but still remain faithful.
Main Idea: If you learn to wait upon the Lord, you will find him a source of strength that can transform you into an eagle.
I. Yahweh Has the CAPABILITY to Make Us Eagle-like
A. He SEES All (27)
Objections: God cannot see, or God doesn’t care about our situations, or both. Temptation: to downsize our view of God when he allows us to be miserable. The problem isn’t God, it is our problem with timing.
1. Nothing HIDDEN
2. No ATTENTION deficit
The modern atheism movement suggests we are all alone, and that we invent God as a figment of our imagination to help us cope. He disregards our cause because he does not exist. It is in the long term that this proves false (400 years in Egypt)
• Do you ever feel like God has disregarded your cause? We all do at times.
• Is God distracted? Too much going on? Does his mind wander from boredom?
• The truth is that God does see and care, but – much to our displeasure – he is often in no hurry. This is why we must learn to wait upon the Lord.
B. He is the ETERNAL Creator (not a late comer who needs briefing)
C. He UNDERSTANDS All (28a,c)
D. He Does Not Become FATIGUED (28b)
1. God rested on the 7th Day because he was done, not tired.
2. How can God maintain the entire universe and not even be tired?
II. Yahweh Offers to Make Us EAGLES (29-31)
• Some people have the cure, but cannot get it to the patient
A. God offers ENERGY beyond ourselves
None of us enjoy power outages; some of you have generators so you can keep your furnaces or freezers going, but you need to limit what you plug in.
All energy comes from God, but God does not draw energy from anyone or anything; his energy is self-generated. He provides us a minute bit of his energy, though his supply is infinite.
B. We must WAIT upon the Lord
• We find strength in our weakness by waiting
2 Corinthians 12:10 (quickview)  is based on this section, IMO. “For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”