Summary: Understanding our call as christians and how to be effective as one.
YOU ARE DRAFTED!
John 15:16 (NIV)
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
1. I MUST UNDERSTAND THE REALITY OF HIS CALL
a. I was drafted like an Athlete to play a vital role. This is what you call assimilation.
1. There is an existing purpose
2. There is an existing character
3. There is an existing values
4. There is an existing coach
Note: No need to change the system
b. Do I know my role
1. If I do not know my role, I cannot be effective
2. If I am not effective, I will be a bench warmer
3. If I am a bench warmer, I lost my purpose
2. I MUST UNDERSTAND THE REQUIREMENT OF MY CALL
a. I am required to bear fruit
1. Fruit that will last- meaning Spiritual fruit, with eternal value
2. With eternal value
NOTE: This requirement is not voluntary, it is an obligation, it becomes mandatory.
b. Why Am I required to bear fruit?
Romans 8:29 (KJV)
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
NOTE: This is the consistency and the reiteration of His teachings of becoming like Christ in His character
1. That I may learn the character of Christ
2. That people may see Christ in me
3. That people may be bless seeing the character of Christ
4. That people may come to know Christ in their lives
5. That I may bear fruit of souls with eternal value
3. I MUST UNDERSTAND THE REWARD OF MY CALL
John 15:7 (KJV)
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
a. Jesus centered life
b. Bible nurtured life
c. Prayerful life
- Anything you will ask will be given to you.
Psalm 37:4 (NIV)
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
a. You will only desires what is Godly
b. You will only desire things that has eternal values
NOTE: Again the unbelieving world will see your values and they will be amazed, they will be blessed, they will be curious, they will be enlightened, they will know the truth, the truth will set them free. They will be save, WE WILL HAVE SPIRITUAL FRUIT, THAT HAS ETERNAL VALUES IN TERMS OF SOULS.