Summary: Satan is a liar! He will trick you into believing him! We gotta be on guard at all times… I many times wondered how people I have known over the years have fallen from God’s Grace…fallen away from him…how they could turn away and turn their back on all
YOU CAN’T WALK WITH JESUS IF YOU ARE HOLDING HANDS WITH SATAN
Pastor Jennifer Mears – October 3, 2007
TEXT: Colossians 2:6
I want to remind you that Satan seeks to devour you…
But, remember that Jesus came to seek and save that which is lost…
Colossians 2:6 (AMP)
As you have therefore received Christ, [even] Jesus the Lord, [so] walk (regulate your lives and conduct yourselves) in union with and conformity to Him. We are to build our life with the Lord upon the very same terms that we began that life…not the life that we left behind!
WE ARE TO BUILD ON THE TRUTH…PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT BUILDING OURSLEVES UP ON OUR MOST HOLY FAITH!
Satan is a liar! He will trick you into believing him! We gotta be on guard at all times…
I many times wondered how people I have known over the years have fallen from God’s Grace…fallen away from him…how they could turn away and turn their back on all that they KNOW of The Word and from their relationship with him…it can happen so easily…none of us are exempt from that…look at your neighbor and say “it could happen to you…”
Remember that little song you may have learned in Sunday School or VBS when you were a child…
“oh be careful little eyes what you see
Oh be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh be careful little eyes what you see….
Be careful what you see…
-the second glance is what will tie your hands (bind you) ---the king of darkness pulls the strings!
IE: Lot’s Wife (Genesis 19:26)
• “…she looked back from behind him and turned into a pillar of salt…”
• She looked from behind him…her covering
o Same as when we look from behind Jesus…step out of the covering…we are open target for disaster
The little song also talks about how we are to be careful of our hands in what you do or touch, or feet where you walk, or lips what you speak…
It only takes a moment for us to
Most of the time it is not an instant falling away…
…sometimes it is a slow fade!
• It is when black and white (right and wrong) turns to gray…COMPROMISE!
• We begin to straddle the fence…or keep jumping from one side to the other over and over…then we become complacent and numb to it and we form habits out of our sin and think it is ok or become immune to the conviction of our sin
• then our senses begin to dull…our focus and vision gets fuzzy and the devil works to keep us laid back and comfortable ---so we will not hear that still small voice telling us “hey, wait a minute…that is not good for you” or “wait! Stop! That goes againt God’s Word…you know the scripture…remember…”
Then our thoughts begin to invade us…
• Choices are then made…the distance from your thoughts and feelings to your hands and actions is not as far as you might think….we can step over into the enemies trap ---blink and you will miss it and you will ask “hey how did I get here----how did this happen? I did not even see this coming…NOW WHAT!”
A price will be paid for those actions and reactions to those thoughts and choices…
For the wages which sin pays is death, but the [bountiful] free gift of God is eternal life through (in union with) Jesus Christ our Lord.
• Sin will take you further than you want to go; keep you longer than you want to stay; and cost you more than you want to pay.
1 Corinthians 6:20 (AMP)
You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.
You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for by Christ]; then do not yield yourselves up to become [in your own estimation] slaves to men [but consider yourselves slaves to Christ].
People never crumble in one day…it is a slow fade
You may be asking now or may have been there before where you asked, “how did I slide so far back down…to the end of my rope again…” or “how did the person I was rise back up in me again” or “how did I forget my past sin so much that I repeated it and did not even see it happening until it was too late for me to not commit that sin”…
This is the enemy’s tool…
• To slowly lead you off God’s Course (God’s Will, God’s Plan and Destiny for your life)