Summary: There are some things the Bible says we should hate. They’re the same things that God hates.
PSALM 97:10 “YOU NEED MORE HATE IN YOUR LIFE – PART 2”
A) When I say that we need more hate in our lives, I’m talking about hating the same things
that God hates! * “But Preacher, I thought God is love, is He really capable of hating?”
* According to the Bible, Yes He is! * I gave you four things this morning that God hates .......
* He hates dead religion – Amos 5:21 ... He hates those who hates others – Zech. 8:17
B) Tonight, I want to look at three more things the Bible says that God hates!
* And may I remind you that if God hates it, we should hate it too!
* Our capacity to love God and to love what God loves is based on our capacity to hate the things
that God hates and that He doesn’t like! * Ecc. 3:8 “A time to love, and a time to hate;”
(5) FOUND IN PSALM 119:163! * “I hate and abhor lying:”
A) The more you love truth, the more you hate lying! * We should hate lying!
* Why not just tell the truth? * When children do something wrong, they’ll lie.
* Prov. 12:22 “Lying lips are abomination to the LORD:”
* Prov. 19:5; 9 (Repeated twice) “A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh
lies shall not escape.” * God hates lying lips!
(6) FOUND IN PSALM 119:113! * “I hate vain thoughts:” * We are so stuck on ourselves!
A) We have so many vain thoughts! * God says that He hates vain thoughts!
* Gal. 6:3 “For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.”
* Rom. 12:3 “For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to
think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath
dealt to every man the measure of faith.”
* We shouldn’t be thinking of ourselves anyway, we should be thinking of Christ and others!
(7) LAST: TURN TO PROV. 6:16-19! * The word “abomination” means a hatred to the extreme.
A) God has degrees of hatred! * He says, “I hate this, but I have extreme hatred for this.”
* Look at the list ... “Proud look”– What is a proud look? * Self-sufficiency.
* It’s the look that says, “I don’t need God ... I don’t need anybody.”
* Everybody needs God ... He hates a proud look!
B) “A lying tongue!” * We’ve already covered this one! * Rev. 21:8 “... all liars shall have ...”
* “Hands that shed ...” * Did you hear what He said?
* That’s about as close as God can come to saying that He hates somebody!
* He hates the hands of Doctors who kills innocent babies!
C) “An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,” * God can hate hands and He can hate hearts.
* I believe God hates the hearts of the filthy Hollywood crowd with all their love affairs and
loose lifestyles, immorality and sin! * He hates the hearts of Homosexuals and lesbians!
D) Nowadays, it is OK to mock Jesus!
* The “Insurgent” is the student newspaper on the University of Oregon campus, and in a recent
edition this paper ran two cartoons of Jesus.
* In one, He was hanging on the cross naked with an erection.
* In the other, Jesus is shown kissing another man and they both have erections.