Summary: His sin would cost him everything: power, riches, career, legacy Saul was rejected by God as king of Israel and God would appoint another king from another family That’s why Saul’s family didn’t continue on the throne but David became king Now, Saul ge
YOUR FORTUNE TOLD
1 PETER 1: 18--20
INTRODUCTION: HAVE YOU EVER HAD A DESIRE TO “LOOK INTO THE FUTURE?”**** (FORTUNE TELLERS, HOROSCOPE)
I’M NOT SURE WE COULD REALLY BE COMFORTABLE, KNOWING WHAT LIES AHEAD OF US IF WE KNEW IT IN ADVANCE.*****
WEIGHT AND FATE 25 CENTS STORY(note!!this story is not original i heard it several years ago and do not know the author):A GENTLEMAN ON HIS WAY TO CHICAGO WAS FASCINATED BY A WEIGHT AND FATE MACHINE. HE PUT IN A QUARTER AND RECIEVED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:" you are a black man, 6 ft 2 180 # on way to Chigago. he went around the corner and bought an indian head dress to try to fool the machine. he put in another quarter and out came this information:"you are still a a black man, you are still 6 ft 2, 180 # on way to Chicago He went back around the corner and bought a full indian "war" dress, complete with war paint and a tommahawk(full Indian attire**)he put in a quarter and recieved the following information: you are:
still a black man, still 6ft 2 still 180# and you were on your way to Chigago but you have fooled around with that Indian and missed your bus.
it is best to leave the past, present and the future with the one who knows all.***
YOUR SPIRITUAL FORTUNE:
I. LOOK AT THE PAST. ROMANS 5:12: BY ONE MAN (ADAM) SIN ENTERED INTO THE WORLD, AND DEATH BY SIN; AND SO DEATH PASSED UPON ALL MANKIND FOR THAT ALL HAVE SINNED. RM 3:23: ALL HAVE SINNED, COME SHORT.
(A) THIS COVERED EVERY PERSON.
1.REGARDLESS OF SOCIAL STANDING *****
2. REGARDLESS OF RELIGIOUS STANDING ******
3. REGARDLESS OF MORAL STANDING *****
(B) THIS COVERS EVERY SIN.
EPH. 2: 2,3: IN WHICH IN TIMES PAST, YOU WALKED ACCORDING TO THE COURSE OF THIS WORLD, ACCORDING TO THE PRINCE OF THE POWER OF THE AIR, THE SPIRIT THAT NOW WORKETH IN THE CHILDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE.
1. PAUL SPEAKS HERE TO THE SAVED,*****
HE REFERS TO THE PAST LIFE BEFORE SALVATION.
2.HE REFERS TO THOSE WHO WALKED*** IN DARKNESS AND WHO WERE* THE CHILDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE.
HEBREWS 10:32: BUT CALL TO REMEMBRANCE, THE FORMER DAYS (PAST) IN WHICH AFTER YOU WERE ILLUMINATED, *** YOU ENDURED A GREAT FIGHT IF INFLICTION******
1. IN THE PAST (LOST) SATAN DID NOT BOTHER YOU
2. IN THE PAST HE DID NOT CONDEMN** YOU
3. BUT NOW (AFTER YOU ARE SAVED) YOU ARE BURDENED WITH A GREAT FIGHT OF AFFLICTION******
4. SATAN NOW ACCUSES YOU AFFLICTS YOU WITH TORMENT FOR SINS HE ONCE OVERLOOKED.********
(C) DO YOU KNOW WHAT SATAN CAN DO ABOUT THE PAST?
1. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN LIGHT OF SALVATION****
2. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN LIGHT OF SPIRITUAL FUTURE.
3. HE HINDERS YOUR SPIRITUAL GROWTH (IF YOU ALLOW IT)
4. HE ROBS YOU OF JOY AND BLESSINGS (IF YOU ALLOW IT)
5. HE KILLS YOUR CHRISTIAN INFLUENCE (IF HE CAN)
YOUR SOUL IS OFF LIMITS TO HIM.*******
II. LOOK AT THE PRESENT.
(A)FOR THE UNSAVED PERSON. . RM 3:23: ALL HAVE SINNED, COME SHORT OF GOD’S GLORY.****
1. BY MAN CAME DEATH. IN ADAM ALL DIE.
HEBREWS 9:27: IT IS APPOINTED TO EVERY MAN TO DIE ONCE, BUT AFTER THIS THE JUDGMENT.****
HEBREWS 10:31: IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD.